Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Az in Oz
    replied
    Hi Jake. My friend bought the complete kit from Markus and it wasn't separated before he sold it to me. I am running the Vorshlag 70A units. The original thought was that these were the culprits but I was pretty sure they quote them as being almost identical to OEM mounts. This was confirmed at the workshop so I have removed them from the list of suspects. The airbox is mounted and the filter set up is mounted, the misalignment was seen when the snorkel was then sat up next to the filter panel. I don't have any pics as such but I might try and get one on Wednesday.

Thankyou all for your input and help.

Aaron

Leave a comment:

• Az in Oz
    replied
    I sent the email to you from this site, that is I went into your profile and sent you the email from there. Anyway, it doesn't matter as you have contacted me and I'm grateful for that. Thankyou for your help

My Sparco bar won't fit unless it gets a decent mod to it. I have ordered a racing Dynamics unit. I'm sure someone will want the Sparco bar.

Aaron

Leave a comment:

• Jake
    replied
    Aaron,

What engine mounts are you using?

Can you post pictures of the misalignment?

Also, are you sure both the airbox and snorkel were originally from Markus? I know of people who kept a Markus snorkel but tried to use an airbox from another supplier. It was misaligned too.

Jake

Leave a comment:

• arvzs1
    replied
    sparco will fit with a little modification. thats what i have and have never run into any issue..

Leave a comment:

• Markus
    replied
    also nothing in Spam Box or anywhere else...maybe you have used the wrong adress

if you have a 17cm runners box then it isn's a 100% straight lining from the intake of the Box to the intake of the snorkel. That's the reason why the tube is a bit longer as it makes a slight curve.You can adjust that a bit when you are cutting the edges from the snorkel a bit-then you could move it a little more from right to left side.Normally (in the DTM Cars) these 17cm runners Box were used with those race snorkels that sits behind the frontgrill

Wiechers strut bars will fit perfect....from Sparco i have heard that there could be a issue.

Markus

Originally posted by Az in Oz View Post
    Hi Markus, sorry you didn't get my email, maybe check in your Junk Folder or something similar. The snorkel seems to be about 25mm out. This is the setup that my friend Bill Dvoyakov bought from you along with a set of 48 throttle bodies and evo injectors. He sold his car without fitting everything and I bought the kit off him. I think you have been dealing with my engine guy, Andrew, about some other parts. He has tried to fit it and found the misalignment. Also I assume I can't use my Sparco strut bar with the 17cm box? Any hints or clues Markus?

John, yep the motor is in and everything is almost ready to go, just need to sort out this snorkel and the alternator. Should fire up around 4th Dec.

Cheers
    Aaron

Leave a comment:

• Az in Oz
    replied
    Hi Markus, sorry you didn't get my email, maybe check in your Junk Folder or something similar. The snorkel seems to be about 25mm out. This is the setup that my friend Bill Dvoyakov bought from you along with a set of 48 throttle bodies and evo injectors. He sold his car without fitting everything and I bought the kit off him. I think you have been dealing with my engine guy, Andrew, about some other parts. He has tried to fit it and found the misalignment. Also I assume I can't use my Sparco strut bar with the 17cm box? Any hints or clues Markus?

John, yep the motor is in and everything is almost ready to go, just need to sort out this snorkel and the alternator. Should fire up around 4th Dec.

Cheers
    Aaron
    Last edited by Az in Oz; 11-23-2012, 11:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FortySouthM3
    replied
    Hi Aaron

I have one of Markus CF 15cm intakes and it is a little out of aleignment but with a little fiddling it has fitted up okay. How far out is yours?
    Does this mean you have the engine in and piston problems sorted?

Good luck with the fitment.

John

Leave a comment:

• Markus
    replied
    Hi Aaron

Don't got any message from you....
    For the question... the snorkel is the same (15cm or 17cm runners)
    The only difference is that tube....for the 17cm runners Box it is minmal longer

Markus

Originally posted by Az in Oz View Post
    I have one of Markus's CF airbox and snorkel setups, it's a 17cm runner type for 48mm TB's. I am bolting it up to Lee's filter setup.
    I need to know if there are two different snorkel designs, one for the long and one short runners.
    My fear is that I have a snorkel for a 15cm unit as I have quite allot of misalignment when everything is bolted up, it would make sense.
    I contacted Markus yesterday but I am assuming he is busy as I haven't heard back from him so I thought I'd through it out there.

TIA.

Aaron

Leave a comment:

• Az in Oz
    started a topic CF airbox snorkel question

CF airbox snorkel question

I have one of Markus's CF airbox and snorkel setups, it's a 17cm runner type for 48mm TB's. I am bolting it up to Lee's filter setup.
    I need to know if there are two different snorkel designs, one for the long and one short runners.
    My fear is that I have a snorkel for a 15cm unit as I have quite allot of misalignment when everything is bolted up, it would make sense.
    I contacted Markus yesterday but I am assuming he is busy as I haven't heard back from him so I thought I'd through it out there.

TIA.

Aaron
Working...
X