Forgoing the motor swap..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgoing the motor swap..

Looking under the car on the rack, I decided to not put my s50B32 in. The car was too nice(even though it has 165k miles on it) for a motor swap. I really don't need a fast track car(I have a 996 C2 that I track). There isn't a reason for me to have a fast street car. I had forgotten how much fun a lightweight sports car cab be. There is something special about that little engine.. I even felt this, after the car broke down on me an hr before(broken generator)..

Basically you guys were right and I was wrong. My apologies to Nick who I had a deal with for an interior for the motor. He was great to deal with and if you need anything Nick, let me know.

The car needs a new interior. If any one has a line on a natural carpet set, seats, or door panels, let me know. The paint and drive train are great...

Thanks,
    Adam

Another S14 Saved!

With my motor out, I have been getting non-stop pressure to S5x it, but my story remains the same.
    "There's something special about that little engine"

Comment

: Fyeah:

Comment

Nick will understand! He is one of the best guys I know around here or anywhere!

Rob

1989 Diamond Black M3
        2004 Jet Black 330i ClubSport

Comment

Long live the S14!
          --------------------------------------
          The God's chariot... (OO==[][]==OO)
          sigpic

Comment

That is great news. Honestly, nothing bothers me more than seeing a fantastic motor that comes in a car replaced with something else that doesn't belong there. I always get the feeling of "dude, you bought the wrong car, and have now screwed up another one that I might want to buy someday." It doesn't matter if its an E30 M3 or something far more mundane.

I'm thrilled to hear you are keeping the motor in the car. Really its what makes the car. The E30 M3 does not lack power by any means, it just doesn't have turbo charged (unless one fits a turbo to the S14) or big block V8 power, but it was never supposed to either. The truth is, its still a very fast car if driven well.

Will
            '69 Datsun 2000 Roadster vintage race car (Street driven on a regular basis :taz
            '59 Alfa Romeo 101 Sprint (HUGE project :uhoh
            '88 M3

Comment

Another man who gets it, buy the right car for the right job...!
              3 Cheers for doing it right.
              Should we ever meet, beer is on me.
              jimmy p.
              87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
              88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
              88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
              92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
              98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
              04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Good to hear!

I definitely think you are making the right decision!

Comment

You have to stick to what feels right, and what is right at the end of the day. It was good talking to you Adam, I do have a complete natural interior if you are interested. Talk to you soon and thanks again.

Comment

Bravo Adam -- I've been an s14 m3 owner for 12 years and have never been disappointed because of the motor. In time you'll be happy with your decision

Comment

It's a true feel good story!

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
                      97 Porsche Carrera S
                      13 Audi S6
                      SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
                      GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

Thanks everyone. Nick is a great guy and was very understanding.

Funny thing, I mad this decision about 30 minutes after it broke down on me. Just a generator going out.. I have more compassion for old cars than I do people.

Hopefully will find a good interior for it and get this thing back on the road!
                        Adam

Comment

I may be far fetched right now...but this engine does have historical racing significance. I almost feel honored driving it. Just think of those Aussie races against big bad V8's. It went toe to toe!

I'd enjoy more power for a while with a swap, but the Motorsport clout woudn't be there. It would not be an M3 anymore...even if it's a "better" car.

I really do have a soft spot for the s14.

My M3 Blog Updated Regularly!
                          E30 M3 Wiki
                          My Youtube Channel
                          E30 M3: 14 Days to Victory Page

Comment

Originally posted by m3guru View Post
                            I may be far fetched right now...but this engine does have historical racing significance. I almost feel honored driving it. Just think of those Aussie races against big bad V8's. It went toe to toe!

I'd enjoy more power for a while with a swap, but the Motorsport clout woudn't be there. It would not be an M3 anymore...even if it's a "better" car.

I really do have a soft spot for the s14.
                            Can i hear an Amen!!!
                            jimmy p.
                            87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                            88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
                            88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
                            92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
                            98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
                            04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Amen. In 1999, I thought wouldn't it be cool to have the euro S50B32 engine ? I was set on doing it too but changed my mind. It's just not what the car was or is about...at all. In fact it was quite the opposite. But hey, people are going to do what they want with their cars. I used to argue my point adamantly but was just labeled as a "purist." I'm not a purist, my car is heavily modded...I just believe the S14 is a big part of what made the M3 successful.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
                              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
                              85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
                              91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X