Does e36 m3 suspension fit e30 m3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does e36 m3 suspension fit e30 m3

So I found a good deal on some bilstein struts and shocks with strut housing
    they are for a e36 m, would it fit a e30 m?

no.

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
    they are not idiots.

Comment

front evo suspension fits but thats it

Comment

thanks guys, i knew it was a a long shot but i could at least ask

Comment

Originally posted by e21jason View Post
          front evo suspension fits but thats it
          The E36 has a much more modular front suspension than the E30. The E36 has a spindle that seperates from the strut compared to the one piece unit of the E30 M3. You cannot use E36 components in an E30 M3 strut, you can however completely remove the E30 M3 strut, and replace it with the E36 M3 strut/spindle/brakes etc.

If you want to go that route, then you also need to use 96 control arms and E30 M3 CA bushings to correct the bad suspension geometry. It's a good upgrade for a normal E30 that wants to upgrade to a 5 lug setup, but nearly pointless for an E30 M3 owner.

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
          they are not idiots.

Comment

amazing info, thank you

Comment

Had a follow up question with this in mind. Other than originality, any reason NOT to put e36 front suspension on the car? I'm looking at having MCS build me another set of 2WNR dampers, and if I want to use my e30m3 struts, I need to send them in to have new bits welded onto the spindles, just like I did for my 2002tii. But if it's e36 stuff, I can just buy the new dampers. Still only have stock wheels- so no major loss of investment there... And I can sell the m3 spindles with the GC / Koni suspension to offset the cost... Last bit- my car isn't an m3, it's a '76 2002 shell with *all* the m3 bits in it... Thoughts?

Gobble-gobble.
              Dave.
              76 M2

Comment

Working...
              X