Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evo brake ducts available? Alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evo brake ducts available? Alternatives?

Does anyone know if the ducts are available again?

I have a set of replica fiberglass ones I bought from a former member here, and they have been sitting since I bought them and had them painted, and.....they warped pretty bad. Useable for a track car I guess, but not a street car IMO.
    does anyone make them in abs plastic or something similar?

I guess I have a set to sell once I find a replacement set that actually fit properly.:(

Turner has real ones, they're super expensive

Comment

1k and they are not the real ones....ouchThey are turners own, molded from a real set.

Comment

I was going to buy these, has anyone tried them?
        i don't want the carbon fiber ones
        the regular black ones, not bad for $125

http://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac-...cts-p2112.aspx

Comment

Thanks, that I can tolerate.

Comment

Not sure who this ebay seller is in Germany () but he has lots of good M3 stuff, is very helpful when it comes to delivery etc etc.

Not sure if you wanted the front pieces or the ducting but he says he can sort out OEM if you want.

Mevo2 on ebay UK
            Peter

sigpic

Comment

My car's PO got what look like the VAC ducts. I am in the process of having some connectors fabricated to deal with the oval -> round intake more elegantly than just strapping some pliable ducting to the intakes themselves.

Comment

Were remade I think by BMW a little while back. They show up with ( Euro ) prices on the BMW Mobile Tradition parts page. Silly expensive though.

https://shop.bmw-classic.de/is-bin/I...RCH_AUTOMOBILE
                This space is a sanctimonious shit free zone.

Comment

If I am not mistaken Mevo2 is Markus on this forum.

Originally posted by PBC UK View Post
                  Not sure who this ebay seller is in Germany () but he has lots of good M3 stuff, is very helpful when it comes to delivery etc etc.

Not sure if you wanted the front pieces or the ducting but he says he can sort out OEM if you want.

Mevo2 on ebay UK
                  Photobucket

Comment

You are not mistaken. I knew that was Marcus, hence the smiley face.

Some good stuff there.
                    Peter

sigpic

Comment

I am hoping for a set of the VAC ones for christmas. They say they are clip in but does anyone know if they come with the clips?

Comment

I bought the VAC CF ducts. They just snap in. No clips required.

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                          I bought the VAC CF ducts. They just snap in. No clips required.

Jake
                          Thanks, I just found you Mike Shaw makes them for VAC so I'm sure quality is great and I'm very glad to hear they just snap in. Are your's functionally cooling the brakes? If so, do you mind posting a pic of your setup? I just found out my wife ordered a set for me so I'm thinking ahead to make them functional.

Comment

To make them work correctly you need backing plates behind the rotors.

Bimmerworld has those and you don't need to take off the hub with the bimmerworld ones.
                            They are/were a sponsor of SIGFEST and I won them a few years ago.

To attach the hoses to the evo ducts I took a small piece of the male end of a piece of galvanized flue pipe used for water heaters and bent one end oval.

The flue pipe has the flair to accept the hose, the gal treatment to resist rust, it's light and dirt cheap. That's why.

I used rivets to attach it to my evo ducts but you could use strong double sided tape.

For on track work I love them, huge difference in pad life.

I keep mine blocked off for the street. I shoved a piece of sponge deep into the ducting.
                            Last edited by OnrailsM3; 12-18-2012, 02:16 PM.

Comment

So no one has been able to source a connection piece between the VAC ducts and the bimmerworld duct kit?
                              Also, has anyone published instructions on how to install the VAC ducts and what to do with the wiring for the lights they replace? I have not been able to find anything. Thx!!
                              Rob W.

88 Zinno E30 M3
                              11 White 528i

Comment

Working...
                              X