new owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new owner

Hello all...I have been lurking and reading here for a few weeks and I finally got my e30 m3.

I began the voyage on sunday at 4am to go check out a car in MD. It was listed on autotrader and the owner said it was in
    great shape. Price was really low, $7000,with out 113k miles. So I drive 9 hours to get there and the car is a pile. Runs
    in the repaint, no cruise, no AC, no wipers, check lights on, odomerter not working all the time, and the and engine had a
    nice coat of oil as well as pools of oil on the motor mounts...looked like it was leaking on the steering rack as well.
    So I left there disapointed and feeling like I wasted my entire day.

I know of one in ohio being sold by 02 guy that I have delt with before.
    Called him up...checked out the car and brought it home.

It is a Diamond Schwartz(sp) 89 with 162k miles on it. Runs very strong and smooth.
    This is the third car I looked at and the other two were loud when started cold.
    The car I bought had been sitting for about a week and started up very quiet.
    Interior is just about mint along with the rear head rests.

The car is pretty much stock other than the M sport steering wheel, UCC SSK, and oil pan baffle.

As a bonus I got a set of 16" alpinas and the full factory repair manual.

A couple things that need to be fixed...nothing that is a big deal tho. OBC and a few other dash lights and the AC compressor
    doesn't seem to be coming on.

I have found out how to swap the OBC backlight but was wondering what should be lighted on the heater controls. The
    temp control has a light but the fan control and sliders are not lite. Should they be?

Any ideas on what might be going on with the AC.

Here are a few pictures from the PO...kinda high res

rear headrests?

NICE CAR BTW

Comment

Congrats on the new "Baby"

Comment

Nice car, well done.

The lights for the fan should be lit, all the instruments that have a bit of white should be lit including power window buttons. My light for the temp went the other day so I changed it, everything fine, then two days later the fan speed light goes!!

Comment

Welcome! Nice car.

/// M3NTAL Kev

Comment

Is there a walk through somewhere to replace the other lights...other than the OBC backlight?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ADA///M
              rear headrests?

We're all diseased. That's the first thing I noticed too - anything different and we're on it like flies to a pig.

Nice snag. I'm biased towards the Diamond Black though

Comment

Nice car. Welcome.

Comment

GLad you're here!

Welcome J.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

HI Jake! Welcome!! You're in good company here buddy.

Cheers,
                    Jake Larsen

Comment

Welcome to the board!

Comment

Working...
                      X