Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 M3 Red - Evo II spec

Colleagues,

Please find below picutres of the 1988 M3 I just purchased 6 weeks ago. This car has 73k km (46K miles) and is all original (except the carpet: which was substituted by a BMW original one in a different color due to lack of availability) and had its engine converted to Evo II spec (pistons, cams, etc...). One of this car's stablemate is a 1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5 16V. Both of these cars were direct DTM competitors during the second half of the eighties.

Regards,

Slfan

That is a very nice looking car and congratulations on your purchase. One question though: It looks like the car is missing the front airdam and possibly the small wedge spoiler out back?
    sigpic

1988 Diamantschwarz/Black

Comment

Nice car and congratulations!
      1989 E30 M3
      1991 E34 M5
      2018 F15 X5 V8 M Package
      2018 F90 M5

Comment

Nice and only such kms on the clock! I wonder what's the VIN on this one and for what market was originally build?

That car looks like a US specs (side marker, orange strut tower sticker from BMW, viscous fan, english OBC, ellipsoids not euro smieys, etc) , yet has metric cluster like most euro or ROW M3's and that fuel gauge layout is US specs or even UK I think but not euro type from what I know-think.

I have/had a US M3 and two euro/lating region M3's and that car you have shows a mix of the things that euro has as well the US but not all mixed up like this one..
        Last edited by diegom6; 03-21-2013, 11:52 AM.
        Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver / Euro E34 M5 '93 / Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro / Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro / Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by shadye30 View Post
          That is a very nice looking car and congratulations on your purchase. One question though: It looks like the car is missing the front airdam and possibly the small wedge spoiler out back?
          http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...ano-red/937496
          agreed be care full those seat belts they do not loook oem evo from pics I see .That will mean unless built by only one shop in states that does them to standards the could be very dangerous in a crash. awsome colection need pics them side by side.
          I have dyslexia so most the time my writing and spelling looks okay to me

Comment

Beautiful car! I also have the two fierce competitors in Schwartz, hoping to pick up a UrQuattro soon to complete the set.
            Rich!

Comment

Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
              Beautiful car! I also have the two fierce competitors in Schwartz, hoping to pick up a UrQuattro soon to complete the set.
              Ur Quattro was WRC, not WTCC, yeah?
              John 3:17

Comment

Originally posted by shadye30 View Post
                Originally posted by Carfantiti View Post
                http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...ano-red/937496
                agreed be care full those seat belts they do not loook oem evo from pics I see .That will mean unless built by only one shop in states that does them to standards the could be very dangerous in a crash. awsome colection need pics them side by side.
                Gentlemen,

While I originally had similar thoughts, the OP says that the motor is Evo II spec; not the car. I don't think he's saying it's an Evo II. I'm sure he'll give us some clarification though.
                1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
                1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
                1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

Colleagues,

I apologize if my post was not clear. This car is a standard US spec 1988 M3 that was originally imported new to South America in the late eighties. As down here we drive in KPH (vs MPH), the speedometer was converted at that time to KPH. The previous owner decided to upgrade his engine and wheels to Evo spec and ordered all the parts (have the invoice with parts and numbers) from overseas. Sorry if I was not clear.

Regarding the seat belt warning, thank you and will look into this.

Finally, as I am new to the M3 e30 world, all comments and recommendations are welcome.

Best regards,
                  Slfan

Comment

i'd love to see a picture of this and the 190e next to eachother!

Comment

Very nice!
                      + 1 on a pic of your M3 with the stablemate.

Congrats on what looks to be a wonderful car.
                      Enjoy.
                      jimmy p.
                      87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                      88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
                      88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
                      92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
                      98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
                      04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Gentlemen,

I still do not have pictures of both cars together. However, as soon as I get back from a business trip I will take some side-by-side pictures and post them here.

Best regards to all,
                        Slfan

Comment

From what country are you? I'm from Peru

Something was telling me this was a US spec M3 Are those 16" wheels?
                          Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver / Euro E34 M5 '93 / Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro / Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro / Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

yes those are 16" wheels (7,5Jx16 ET27 for the M3 E30 to be precise)

Comment

DiegoM6,

I am located in SP, Brazil. Congratulations on the E30 M3 "stable" you have. The cars and work you have done on them is amazing. Question: do both of your Euro 87 M3s have the dog-leg transmission? Was unable to find one in that configuration over here....

Regarding the wheels, these are 16".

Hardtailer,

By looking at the picture, how can you tell that the wheels are 16"? Are there any tell-tale signs? As I am new to the M3 e30 world, all advise is welcome.

Regards,
                              Slfan
                              Last edited by slfan; 03-23-2013, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X