Evo cam gear discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evo cam gear discussion

What is everyones take on the Evo cam gear on a 2.3L? I know it's supposed to give some torque, but is this at the expense of HP? Is it worth it? What do you guys think?
    Simply put, the best that ever lived.

"I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's." Ayrton Senna, January, 1989.

I had the chance to briefly experience an s14 with the evo exhaust cam gear installed on my first car. From down low it definately had more torque, but the problem was that after 5k rpm there wasnt much left. It did however make the car much more driveable in every day situations. On my new M3 I will not install the evo cam gear. After I get an MAF setup I will have all of the low end torque that I need.

EDIT: Oh, and I think TMS' estimation of a 15-20ft-lb gain down low is fairly accurate.
    Last edited by BijanH(do not do business with me); 03-01-2003, 07:47 PM.

Comment

it basicly moves your tq curve down, and mkaes it seem as tho you have tons more tq down low, but you lost your tq up top. it all depepnds on what you want to do with your car. i know of some guys who have fully built 2.5's and they like the e2 gear becuase it gives their basicly high reving car some power downlow.

i have a evo exhaust gear sitting right here,if anyone wants, make me an offer.
      "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
      "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
      onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

I don't think it's worth the trade off. I've got about as much torque as I can get with the MAF. My next mod will probably just be cams, untill it's 2.5L time.:p
        Simply put, the best that ever lived.

"I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's." Ayrton Senna, January, 1989.

Comment

I have one in my car, the po put it in. It feels about the same as my friends car with a JimC and euro intake.

Comment

Working...
          X