740iL Engine Mounts - Different heights left-to-right? Pics Inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 740iL Engine Mounts - Different heights left-to-right? Pics Inside

I am getting ready to install some 740iL mounts that I recently picked up.

p/n 11 81 1 094 149 (left)
    p/n 11 81 1 094 150 (right)

As I was getting ready, I noticed that the two mounts I have are different heights.

Can anyone confirm that this is correct? I seem to recall that when I installed the regular M3 mounts they were the same height left to right.

as i recall the 740 mounts lower the engine by 1/8'
    which matches up with the 4mm difference between the 2 per your measurement
    i wonder if you could find a washer that has a thickness of 4mm, or would that make the nut not engage on the thread?

Comment

You are correct, the 740iL mounts should lower the engine by about 1/4".

The pictures above are a comparison of two 740iL mounts, I believe the left and right side mounts should be the same height. The two 740iL mounts that I have are not the same height as each other.

Comment

Originally posted by qwerte View Post
        I am getting ready to install some 740iL mounts that I recently picked up.

p/n 11 81 1 094 149 (left)
        p/n 11 81 1 094 150 (right)

As I was getting ready, I noticed that the two mounts I have are different heights.

Can anyone confirm that this is correct? I seem to recall that when I installed the regular M3 mounts they were the same height left to right.

How OLD are those mounts? I realize they are new and unused... but they can still be OLD and therefore not as supportive/flexible/isolating as they were when newly manufactured. Rubber gets hard due to age/UV exposure as well as usage.

Comment

I just ordered the same items and mine are the same height, one of yours looks different than mine. Check the part number on the bottom of the mount.

Comment

this help you
            http://www.e30m3project.com/e30m3per...ts/mounts1.htm

Comment

Originally posted by cdeason View Post
              I just ordered the same items and mine are the same height, one of yours looks different than mine. Check the part number on the bottom of the mount.
              Only one has a part #, the other has no markings at all. Both came with the correct part #'s listed on the Corteco boxes that they came in.

In terms of age, I have no idea. Both were received at the same time, no productions dates are marked on them.

Comment

Does anyone have a stock M3 mount handy that they could measure the height for comparison?

Comment

I measured .24 of an inch difference between the stock and 740i, I think the problem is the non OEM product, I would return them and order OEM from these people, http://www.bmwmercedesparts.com/part...?siteid=215771

Comment

Originally posted by cdeason View Post
                    I measured .24 of an inch difference between the stock and 740i, I think the problem is the non OEM product, I would return them and order OEM from these people, http://www.bmwmercedesparts.com/part...?siteid=215771
                    Corteco are OEM mounts...nothing wrong with Corteco. However, I'm not sure on the L vs R being different heights...
                    1988 E30 M3 S38
                    1970 E10 2002 S14

Comment

I did this over the winter and my 740 mounts, also courteco, were the same height left and right.
                      88 M3
                      91 M5
                      90 325is

Comment

Yep. Should be same height.

Jake

Comment

Thanks the info guys. I am going to put in an order for the OEM mounts. Unfortunately I had cut the nub off one mount before taking the other out of the box and seeing the difference.

I will post the measurement of the OEM mounts when I get them.

Comment

Working...
                          X