• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 BMW M3: Most Overhyped Classic? - AFTER/DRIVE VIDEO

Interesting stuff!

sigpic

Only going one way in value. :wink:

And they're totally correct. It's justified on all levels. It is a really great car......In the top five (at least) of any motoring journos list of best drivers/ing cars ever!

Comment

That was awesome - thanks for posting.
      John 3:17

Comment

one of the guys was the owner of this http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...Not-Affiliated

interesting how small the community is

Comment

Nice video

Comment

Can't wait to have my coffee tomorrow morning and watrch this one..

Thanks for posting

Comment

Quite good.
              Even though its obvious they are not complete experts on the car, they get it, were reasonably knowledgable and hit most of the points.

Standing by in the next 10 years for all the swappers to feel really really stupid looking back on their posts saying "this car will never be collectable. Too many made, blah blah blah".

There will be such demand on new S14 blocks,,, as collectors start putting them back to "right" that they may actually have to start making S14 crate motors LOL.
              jimmy p.
              87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
              88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
              88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
              92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
              98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
              04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

I love how they shot it in nyc, would have been nice to see more video of it driven.

From what i remember, that alpine is available to be driven once you are in the classic car club.

Andy

sigpic

Comment

cool It is hell of a car for sure.After owning a few cars from 1956 hot rods,to muscle cars,to modern sports cars.This is the one car I just don't want to part with.
                  I have dyslexia so most the time my writing and spelling looks okay to me

Comment

Originally posted by MTree View Post
                    Can't wait to have my coffee tomorrow morning and watrch this one..

Thanks for posting
                    Np! there's very little video of the car(s), you can just listen to half of it with the window minimized.
                    sigpic

Comment

Very cool.. Thanks for sharing.

Good catch on reference to other car recently sold on BAT.. And from what it sounds like, it did sell for $26kish? Which is great - considering the condition or small things that could've been improved to make it a better car for sale.

Definitely a keeper for me, say 1st car of collection..
                      One letter. One number. One legend ///M3.

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Ive only owned my for 2 years now and starting to realize how expensive it can get...i mean i just dropped 1200 on it and nothing was really done! It all went to maintenance and i do the work. But i cant help to wonder, especially when they talk about the fact that the car a rarely "original" what do you guys think decreases the value?? The car they showed in the vid had a 12k$ rebuilt engine yes, but everything else seemed modified? Wouldn't it decrease the value a bit??? Just wondering??

Comment

If there was ever a car to modify it was the E30 M3. It was true then and it's still true now. This car was built to be modified from the factory! so let's keep that in mind. Many of the Evo mods are considered upgrades but I have found that other popular/tasteful upgrades like BBS wheels, Recaro seats, Euro headlights, Startecs, etc also increase the value. Even if it's not your cup of tea, you can swap those parts out and sell for profit. Engine swaps do not fall into this category as many owners sell the S14 to fund the swap thinking it's a Win-Win situation. Obviously, they weren't thinking long term and S14's won't be easy to come by cheap. The most important thing is acquiring a good car...modded or not. The really low mileage cars 50k ish, tend to be stock or close to it because they aren't driven and shouldn't need much at that mileage but a car closer to 100K will need some work. If the work was addressed, the car won't need anything for a while. People like to mod the car, particularly the suspension and I don't know of many people who would pay more for stock replacement suspension when you could get a more aggressive suspension for half the price.
                          Last edited by Reelizmpro; 05-10-2013, 06:42 AM.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
                          85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
                          91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Great video, it's awesome to see such wide recognition of the E30 M3 and the S14. I'm amazed a 'restored' car would go for $28k with 164k miles. Goes to show that people are wanting to drive these cars and not just buying an 'investment' grade example to stash away.

What do you guys think about a $12k rebuild?! A built 2.5 with a lot of custom work I could see, but if you have a core motor and staying stock it would hard to spend 12k. I guess it depends on who's doing the work and labor rate?

Thanks for posting!
                            Bryant

Comment

well add up the parts just parts can cost $6-9k on 2.3 rebuild plus labor.most guys getting under 10k rebuilds are doing it themselves .Good news is you might only have to do it once depending on how much you drive her.I have 197k on mine no rebuild .
                              I have dyslexia so most the time my writing and spelling looks okay to me

Comment

Working...
                              X