Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 3 years in storage, she's back! Everything feels right again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 3 years in storage, she's back! Everything feels right again.

After 3 long years, I finally got my baby out of storage. Incredibly, after checking fluids/connections and getting the oil pressure up, she started right up with no hesitation. Then it was off for a drive, emissions testing and registration. Passed all with flying colors. I was really nervous about getting her out of storage, but she was phenomenal considering all I did was put Stabil in w/ a full tank of gas and cover it in a climate controlled garage... YMMV, but I highly recommend Stabil prior to storage.

How she sat for ~3 years, while I was in SF & NYC.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	OB6C2qcU9I6LuoMH29SYS0MTBmkztsS7NxE8B_mdJxk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	847173

Covers off! She's so dirty... Must get her detailed. I never buffed her during my 12 years of ownership. I think it's time soon.

Name:	0nYYwE6sxNo07w--OwvFHF-D2ztaiPqrbPnlnZwbcoo.jpg
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	847174

In the hands of a professional... Just in case.

Name:	zO02pA0phr46K0XIi_yGUXdlW2r4yLOl3ZGsLKGR3iE.jpg
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	847175

She got reunited with her older sis. My old project car that landed in much more capable hands! Was bittersweet to see the e28m5 in this fantastic condition.

Name:	-Q2Rsvdx8IkNUXUFmDA_bsB71edAZ8GBqBB7HoQLXM4.jpg
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	847176Click image for larger version

Name:	bWDkOhkRmAAWzatJOwlOxiQD0IQwx0ic8jVrq0Bdzko.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	847177

Major props to my buddies and the Northeast E30 M3 crew for getting the fever started a couple weeks ago. Esp James, Andy and others who I can't remember their usernames. Magnus, we missed you bro!

I have so many parts/upgrades stored away, but going to enjoy her at current state for a while. She'll get full tune-up w/ all Motul fluids in a couple weeks when I'm back in town.

Will need to find a place to keep her in SF so I can bring her down. Glad to know everything feels right again!

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
    97 Porsche Carrera S
    13 Audi S6
    SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
    GONE 88 E28///M5 project

It's fun to fall in love with the same car all over again. It's how I feel every spring. Enjoy!

Comment

Glad to too see we motivated you! Summer car shows will do it every year! Nice to meet you at GutenFest!

BTW, my name is Alvaro!

Comment

Agreed. I fall in love with her over and over again for sure. Nothing like your first love! Especially when she appreciates

Alvaro - It was great walking around with you! You guys have a great crew up there.

97 Porsche Carrera S
        13 Audi S6
        SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
        GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

Car is looking incredible! Glad she started up without any issues.

Hope to see you around the Bay Area when you bring her down; I'm located in emeryville and am always on the lookout for fellow owners. =)

Comment

Looking good bro! Keep us posted next time you are around! Ill do the same next time i fly out there.

-Andy

sigpic

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Don't take another E30 ///M away from the Seattle area! If you want you can store her in my garage :wink:. We should go on a drive before you leave.

Comment

Originally posted by c_tejuco View Post
                  Car is looking incredible! ... Hope to see you around the Bay Area when you bring her down...
                  Thanks! For sure. My goal is to get her down before the Monterey Historics, hopefully earlier. Need to find a safe and reasonably priced spot. Will be great to meet the bay area crew!

Originally posted by Andyman746 View Post
                  Keep us posted next time you are around! Ill do the same next time i fly out there.
                  Word! Great we at least got to meet. Please let me know if you make it west. Will do on my end.

Originally posted by ItsNotTheNissan View Post
                  Don't take another E30 ///M away from the Seattle area! If you want you can store her in my garage :wink:. We should go on a drive before you leave.
                  There are tons of E30 M3s in Seattle aren't there? Where do you live?

97 Porsche Carrera S
                  13 Audi S6
                  SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
                  GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

If there are, I've only ever seen one once. I'm in Seattle Greenlake area

Comment

Beautiful car
                      John 3:17

Comment

Beautiful car. My car is currently sitting in a secure garage in SF for about 200 bucks a month. If you come across a tandem garage I'd be happy to share the space with you and split the costs.
                        --------------------------------------
                        The God's chariot... (OO==[][]==OO)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freude Am Fahren View Post
                          Beautiful car. My car is currently sitting in a secure garage in SF for about 200 bucks a month. If you come across a tandem garage I'd be happy to share the space with you and split the costs.
                          I've considered keeping multiple cars in the city. If I come across a tandem will definitely let you know And please do the same

Comment

Originally posted by ItsNotTheNissan View Post
                            If there are, I've only ever seen one once. I'm in Seattle Greenlake area
                            I think I've seen you driving around up near Greenlake.. I live in the Greenlake area too and have a stock-ish looking Diamondschwarz.

Comment

Nice! You gonna make the Picnic this year with your M3?

Comment

Working...
                              X