Yet another E30 M3 praise...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another E30 M3 praise...

Folks, it's time to start investing in expensive car alarm systems... these cars have been getting way too much attention lately.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/features...models#slide-1

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

..On the topic of alarm and security, what are some suggested solutions to go with? I have had this concern with all the recent media coverage..

Some thoughts, as I have nothing currently, but car is locked away in garage every night.
    - The CLUB?
    - Actual Alarm system?
    - For those with aftermarket steering wheel; a quick release hub with some type of lock?
    - Ignition/Battery kill switch?

I know these are here to just deter someone, because they could always roll up with a tow truck and be gone in a few minutes..

So what are you guys doing to protect & secure your cars?
    One letter. One number. One legend ///M3.

Comment

Originally posted by msjudged1 View Post
      ..On the topic of alarm and security, what are some suggested solutions to go with? I have had this concern with all the recent media coverage..

Some thoughts, as I have nothing currently, but car is locked away in garage every night.
      - The CLUB?
      - Actual Alarm system?
      - For those with aftermarket steering wheel; a quick release hub with some type of lock?
      - Ignition/Battery kill switch?

I know these are here to just deter someone, because they could always roll up with a tow truck and be gone in a few minutes..

So what are you guys doing to protect & secure your cars?
      Lojack or any security tracking system. Used car dealers have been installing them for years to repo their cars. In addition, Hagerty insurance. Not only they insure your car, they insure all your parts and accessories in your garage.
      '85 190e-16v Euro
      '88 M3
      '86 AE86 Trueno
      '63 Lotus 7 Repl Turbo
      '93 Merc 500e

Comment

When its at home, its in the garage, at work its under a cover.

When it comes to car alarms, I don't think they are of much use. They are just noise pollution. No one pays attention to them. Even if someone did pay attention, they still aren't going to do anything.

Will
        '69 Datsun 2000 Roadster vintage race car (Street driven on a regular basis :taz
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101 Sprint (HUGE project :uhoh
        '88 M3

Comment

Lots of praise on the Internet lately. But when I go to car shows that have exotics and old American muscle cars the E30 M3 doesn't get a lot of attention. In fact I heard one comment about it being an "80's yuppie car". I applaud the attention on the Internet but it hasn't spilled out to the general public in any way that we have to buy expensive alarms etc. We are still pretty much under the radar.
          There'll be Spandex jackets one for everyone ...

Comment

Only people who truly appreciate and know cars will know about the E30 M3. The typical 20 something fan boy who tries to look like he knows something about cars will not.

Comment

not sure but other states but socal People know what it is.I been chased by people on bikes,walking, and driving.
              last time i took to cars and coffee I was a little embarrassed I felt like a celebrity the attention it got .I had a crowd around it.When I left like poperatzi taking pictures .There been plenty young guys in 20's who chased me down to tell me they love it and photos.One time I went on a cruse to Huntington Beach the first encounter was kid on bike He hauled ass too chase me to yell at me telling me his brothers dream car can he take a picture.The same day getting on freeway another young guy on bike almost hit a light pole chasing me on side walk to yell at me asked what year.I get people on freeway taking pictures ,fallowing me yelling out windows.I love driving it but really its for me , I love sharing with you guys who own them pictures and mods.It makes me nervous the attention it gets .
              I have dyslexia so most the time my writing and spelling looks okay to me

Comment

The fact that so few people realize or appreciate what it is makes it more special to me somehow. I had looked at old Porsche's, Lotus, etc and while fun they don't have the ability to blend in and you'll have people bugging you at every stop. No one realizes how rare or special the M3 is unless they are an enthusiast, in which case I likely would like to talk to them for a while about cars.

Haven't been to a car show yet, that should be interesting.

1988 Lachssilber E30 M3
                1977 320i Track Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Carfantiti View Post
                  ....I been chased by people on bikes,walking, and driving..
                  Perhaps you were being chased for reasons other than the car you drive. lol
                  "The earth provides enough for everyone's need. Not everyone's greed." Gandhi

Comment

When I autoX mine, it gathers lots of attention. It usually ends up being one of if not the fastest BMW at the event. (Occasionally someone will show up on R compounds and blow my doors off.) Around town however, no one seems to care. It was funny, just after I bought my car I saw the other E30 M3 here in town and parked next to the guy. He came out and didn't even notice my car parked next to his (he had to walk around mine to get to his)

The most attention I seem to get is on the freeway, people roll up beside me and give the the thumbs up all the time.

Will
                    '69 Datsun 2000 Roadster vintage race car (Street driven on a regular basis :taz
                    '59 Alfa Romeo 101 Sprint (HUGE project :uhoh
                    '88 M3

Comment

You have to be a car enthusiast to take a second look at any car or appreciate it for anything other than the means to get from point A to point B. You have to be a BMW enthusiast to get excited about BMWs. You really have to be a BMW nerd to know what the E30M is. Let's face it, there aren't that many BMW nerds out there. There are many more BMW enthusiasts and exponentially more car enthusiasts but the nerds are far and few in between.

Hi, my name is Eamon and I'm a BMW nerd.
                      Last edited by Freude Am Fahren; 06-18-2013, 08:12 AM.
                      --------------------------------------
                      The God's chariot... (OO==[][]==OO)
                      sigpic

Comment

The other day I was spotted by two hotties from the office as I pulled into the parking garage with my dark sunglasses cranking some Huey Lewis. Damn I must have looked cool! 80's cool that is. :-)
                        To the general public I'm just some middle aged guy trying to re-live the past. To a fellow car nerd we are coolness maximus.
                        There'll be Spandex jackets one for everyone ...

Comment

Originally posted by MauiM3Mania View Post
                          Perhaps you were being chased for reasons other than the car you drive. lol
                          lol those days over I think One time car full teenage girl pulled up to me cranked music dancing trying get my attention.The passenger had to yell hey nice car for me to turn look at them.I was just thinking gosh I'm 40 years old girls you shouldnt be flirting with me my step duaghter probably went there school :0
                          yup I'm a stud 40 and 45 lbs over wieght.
                          I have dyslexia so most the time my writing and spelling looks okay to me

Comment

The only people that notice my car are usually in E30s themselves.
                            John 3:17

Comment

With the addition of the CF airbox, and the Miller MAF conversion and WAR chip.. one little aspect of the WAR chip is that it allows you to make 4 different tunes, all changed at the flip of a switch. I have only two tunes... 1. Normal Driving, and 2. All Injectors shut off. So.... when I park it, I flip the switch and it will never start. Nobody knows!
                              sigpic
                              4DAFUN
                              Eric Adams
                              Portland, Oregon

Comment

Working...
                              X