Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Always wondered how many are left? enter your car in the M registry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always wondered how many are left? enter your car in the M registry.

Years ago someone started an M registry where you could go to register your VIN and even show off your car. I think it's a great idea. Last friday, I just test drove #16 Henna and it was in good condition here in Los Angeles. The owner was pretty excited about it being such an early car. That car is not in the database yet and it's a small piece to the puzzle. Each car you enter has a profile where you can upload pics/mods/location and you can update it as you please. As cars get totaled out, some owners update the page with this information. This is probably the best way to make an educated guess as to how many M3's are left and the state of the survivors. I know there are old and new owners here who probably never signed up but I urge you to do so.

www.bmwmregistry.com

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
    85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
    91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

I'm already on there. WBSAK0305J2196686.

Will
    '69 Datsun 2000 Roadster vintage race car (Street driven on a regular basis :taz
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101 Sprint (HUGE project :uhoh
    '88 M3

Comment

Me too
      --------------------------------------
      The God's chariot... (OO==[][]==OO)
      sigpic

Comment

Comment

Same...there has to be more in canada?

Comment

Totally agree...I need to update mine with more recent pics
            Terrance

Comment

got both of mine up there.
              Alex
              '89 M3 Diamantschwarz metallic/black
              '90 M3 Diamantschwarz metallic/gray
              '03 M5 Jet Black/black

Comment

Originally posted by MtlAlex View Post
                Same...there has to be more in canada?
                Most originally in Canada are probably in the states by now. I'm assuming here in BC we have the most in the whole country.
                sigpic

Comment

I updated my photo's to last years Bring more Wax.
                  Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Also of importance is updating your profile if the car has been sold or (heaven forbid) the car has been totaled. Would be nice if the site owner was able to send out yearly reminder emails to ask folks for updates in order to keep the most current information possible.

It would also be nice to be able to sort the list by options, such as year, interior, exterior colors, country of registration etc. Having three separate lists (US, EU and Convertible) would be unnecessary if you can lump all E30 M3s Worldwide on to one page with sort-able results.

In addition, a separate master VIN/year/color list without personally identifiable information, regardless of registered country or nationality with Wikipedia style permissions could be created so that anyone can add or edit car information. This would allow a more complete list to be kept by accepting entries without several individual user accounts - in the case of having test driven a car not already in the database, of an owner who doesn't necessarily care about registration or a way to remove any other roadblocks to entering every car possible. Just thinking out loud here.
                    Last edited by Brandon; 07-05-2013, 02:36 AM.
                    Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton
                    1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
                    2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

Register your E30 M3!
                    http://www.bmwmregistry.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                      Also of importance is updating your profile if the car has been sold or (heaven forbid) the car has been totaled. Would be nice if the site owner was able to send out yearly reminder emails to ask folks for updates in order to keep the most current information possible.

It would also be nice to be able to sort the list by options, such as year, interior, exterior colors, country of registration etc. Having three separate lists (US, EU and Convertible) would be unnecessary if you can lump all E30 M3s Worldwide on to one page with sort-able results.

In addition, a separate master VIN/year/color list without personally identifiable information, regardless of registered country or nationality with Wikipedia style permissions could be created so that anyone can add or edit car information. This would allow a more complete list to be kept by accepting entries without several individual user accounts - in the case of having test driven a car not already in the database, of an owner who doesn't necessarily care about registration or a way to remove any other roadblocks to entering every car possible. Just thinking out loud here.
                      I had a slightly different philosophy with the zhp registry back when I started and that is add some interesting stats like you are suggesting. I do however have the problem of tracking totalled cars, I intentionally made the submissions anonymous to draw a bigger crowd. 1400 submissions is not bad for a car that has ~4K (at most) total builds.

http://www.zhpregistry.net/

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

Wow, bud, your site looks great. I like the for sale section - it might be nice to have a central repository for folks to submit E30 M3 sales links as they do here. I thought of doing something with a MySQL database, but I'm not a database guru. Maybe we ought to give a dedicated E30 M3 registry a try to see how folks like it.
                        Last edited by Brandon; 07-05-2013, 04:43 AM.
                        Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton
                        1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
                        2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

Register your E30 M3!
                        http://www.bmwmregistry.com

Comment

just added mine

Comment

Mine has been there for several years. I am the original and only owner, also have all documents and everythhing that caame with the car from the purchase in 1987.

Comment

Quite a few from Australia are already on there...mine included.

"But most of all...
                              ... I like the way you move......"

Comment

Working...
                              X