Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else love your m3 but hate how everyone else has somthing to prove on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else love your m3 but hate how everyone else has somthing to prove on the road

I love driving my m3 just seems everyone else seems to have to prove something when I drive it.
    I drive speed limit or 5-10 above somtimes.when ever I dtive this car people on my ass cut me off ect.
    I'M thinking put rear window sticker .ideas.

This car is a legend on the track what makes u think I want to race your street car?

Have nothing to prove that has not already been proven on the track.

Most winng dtm race car and you think I want to race you?

Track only racing.

Im not going to race u I have nothing to prove.

You are either riding on my ass cuase you know what im driving or you dont.

Writing this on my cell after driving the m3 to get wife.sitting in parking lot pissed how people drive around me everytime I take it out.

Any input ideas welcome.
    I have dyslexia so most the time my writing and spelling looks okay to me

Hmmmm...I've never really had that problem. Must be areas we live in or something.

You might put a sticker on the rear window that says "I am a LEGEND"...(meaning the car of course)...."I am above your petty games".

I'm sure if you did that people would leave you alone.

Comment

wA state moved here from cali few months ago.maybe they are not used seeing this kind car?I do see ricers around so not sure they think I'm one ?

Comment

i think a big sticker that supports your local police dept. would make them think twice
        Mike

Comment

I think that's common in many places. It happens in my area so much that some days I don't feel like driving the M.
          Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

I've had people take pictures of the car, but never really experienced someone trying to race.

Comment

All you can due is pull over and wave them by, it's not worth the ticket , insurance increase or possible jail time from street racing.....I work as a firefighter and a few years back had a guy racing in his Subaru sti meet a palm tree while racing, his three good friends are now dead..... Not worth it......

Comment

I couldn't help notice the contrast between the seriousness of your message with your user name - "Turd Burgler" ;^)

Agreed - keep control over that adrenaline and just try to ignore them or maybe give them the thumbs up and big grin as some sort of acknowledgement in effort to get them to move along. The latter usually works very well because those types are only after attention and aren't always malicious, merely immature.

Originally posted by turdburgler View Post
                All you can due is pull over and wave them by, it's not worth the ticket , insurance increase or possible jail time from street racing.....I work as a firefighter and a few years back had a guy racing in his Subaru sti meet a palm tree while racing, his three good friends are now dead..... Not worth it......
                Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton
                1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
                2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

Register your E30 M3!
                http://www.bmwmregistry.com

Comment

The other issue....

In a traffic light drag race many diesel pickups or a stock, newer, Honda Accord would kick our asses......LOL. Best not to engage, so the E30M3 legend will not be tarnished.

Comment

I have nothing to prove, and I know and willingly admit the bimmer is slow. However, a car is no place to let your ego take control. Bad things happen when your perceived dick size grows larger than your talent/luck/amount of tarmac available. Plus it really doesn't help that BMW drivers are now 'scientifically' proven to be jerks.

You're living in Kent/Covington area correct OP? That place is notorious for its street racing scene. Bunch of young shrimp dicked punks who seem to think that a ricer flyby adds value to their car.... I say, let's be the mature part of the BMW scene and let our car's true colors come out where it really matters. On the track.

"High performance driving is like sex. Every guy thinks he's good at it, when in reality, most would be thoroughly disappointed..."

Carfantiti, let's meet up sometime, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
                      The other issue....

In a traffic light drag race many diesel pickups or a stock, newer, Honda Accord would kick our asses......LOL. Best not to engage, so the E30M3 legend will not be tarnished.
                      so true. Requires some clutch abuse and redline shifts to keep up.
                      However most cars top out at 120mph so we can catch up at some point. ;-)
                      There'll be Spandex jackets one for everyone ...

Comment

Originally posted by njboy View Post
                        You'll need a really long road to achieve that kind of velocity...
                        --------------------------------------
                        The God's chariot... (OO==[][]==OO)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by njboy View Post
                          They also have to turn at some point,,, thats when things change.
                          jimmy p.
                          87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                          88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
                          88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
                          92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
                          98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
                          04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

I did actually pull over on black diamond rd let a volkswagon waved her by.she flew up on my ass than was going ride it she looked shockec when I waved her by.its usually a honda even trucks pretty much everyone does it.it really annoying. Funny you say about kent street racers.kid right now doing my floor said I should take it there lol.i said no its a track car not drag race car.

Comment

i'll pretty much mirror what everyone else was saying about drag racing on the street, but i don't think the OP was suggesting that he was reaching a breaking point where he'd just let loose and go on a drag racing rampage.

so, although i wouldn't do it myself, i did see another e30 with the adjustable spoiler that said "(bmw logo) RESPECT YOUR ELDERS (bmw logo)", on the flap, and i thought it was pretty clever.

Comment

Working...
                              X