id wrench on the car suspension expecialy

Leave a comment:

• monzon
    replied
    I'd donate the $200 car for this!

Leave a comment:

• greateratlanta
    replied
    So, who has any suggestions about which motor and drivetrain to use? I think it would be fun to hear some ideas tossed around, from the most extreme to the most conservative. Keeping in mind it is a 24hr race and reliability is a must, do you think a 2.0, 2.3, or 2.5L is the way to go?

Leave a comment:

• Mracer
    replied
    Hey Vlad, hehe, i think the team will need a manager for the umbella girls on its own
    By the way, $50k is not so much money if you think about it. I think that once you get serious, there will be tons of people who would like to go and contribute, not to mention various ways to appeal to the BMW public for support. Dealerships could be hit for help and BMWCCA as well. Brits can try to do the same along with the Aussies. This can happen you know.

Leave a comment:

• m3_junkie
    replied
    I'm interested to hear more as well. I think we should look in to sponsorship. No way we can raise 50k ourselves.

Leave a comment:

• Bavarian3
    replied
    Maybe but I was thinking having more than three drivers... or people who are able (have done various schools / events under the belts) but I do agree $50k is a lot (well if you consider, 20 people, its only $2500 per person) I am sure we can get some sponsorships from big companies.... but do we have 20 people who is willing to do this? $2500 is just the $50k but noone can estimate a cost for a 24hour race.

Leave a comment:

• LeeVuong
    replied
    My take on this is that it would be an extremely interesting venture for a small US/German team. But $50k is a lot of money. Maybe that whoever is on the team and will work, might need to bring a little cash to help run the team. It is a wonderfull experience for the pit-crew so charging them a bit, might not be extravagant to be part of such a wonderfull adventure. I think that 3 drivers are required, so they would get the big part of the financing on their shoulders. If Erik Weinsberg was still chief of BMW Motorpost USA, I am sure he would have been interetsed in the drive and could have bring huge sponsorship $ from BMW NA... Just dreaming.

Leave a comment:

• Hubert Duijzer
    replied
    Great idea!

But remember, it's a tough race!

Leave a comment:

• BijanH(do not do business with me)
    replied
    Im interested in hearing more.
    Last edited by BijanH(do not do business with me); 06-13-2004, 06:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vlad
    replied
    can I be the umbrella boy? LOL j/k
    or I can bring some cute Russian chicks over to do the job...

I'll contribute (small sum) and I'll fly over to help with organizational stuff, or I can do the body work/paint at my shop (if the car will be in California, US)

Leave a comment:

• OZM3
    replied
    Has anyone got a link to the full race results.

Leave a comment:

• OZM3
    replied
    I'll fly over from Australia to help out in the pits/make cofffee/get pizza's :p

Leave a comment:

• Bavarian3
    replied
    Maybe start a new thread?

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    it takes 1 year to plan.

so who is serious for next year would have to slowly get serious now.

John

Leave a comment:

• BMG
    replied
    If you were to put together a team , rather than buy a package drive .You could have brilliant ( free ) crew from s14.net .I'd sure be there helping out .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X