"Well Matt, that C/F hood you got us fits like SH!+"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Well Matt, that C/F hood you got us fits like SH!+"

That's what the body guy said. How the hell does that happen? I have seen the C/F hoods fit right but....

So since he stuck the hood seals on the rear bumper he can't cover the gaps cause they threw them away. They said they are trying to adjust the fenders to line up and adjust the hood but.....

I feel like leaving the office to see what's up....talk about wrecking my drive at work (Pun intended)

Sorry, I needed to vent.

Damn....

That's why I went with my friend Doug at www.unitedcollision.com/ . He owns an E30 M3, so any questions and he just brings in his car for the day. If not, he has all the correct technical manuals for everything. The guy even rewrapped my wiring harnesses because they didn't look nice and the tape was becoming un-done.

Sorry if I sound like a commercial.

Evo hood seals on the rear bumper. I'm cracking up!

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus
      Damn....

That's why I went with my friend Doug at www.unitedcollision.com/ . He owns an E30 M3, so any questions and he just brings in his car for the day. If not, he has all the correct technical manuals for everything. The guy even rewrapped my wiring harnesses because they didn't look nice and the tape was becoming un-done.

Sorry if I sound like a commercial.

Evo hood seals on the rear bumper. I'm cracking up!
      Right now I am getting ready to blow out of the office at 3pm and go over there.

Yes, the seal was squashed and glued to the gap in between the bumper and the body. The seal went halfway around and stopped about 3 inches off center. Looked like crap. I didn't even realize it till I was driving home that night and I'm like

:idea: Holy sht, those were the hood seals, what a bunch of idiots, wait those are the idiots assembling my car, OH NO!!!!

United collison in NJ? Right near Don Field's old shop huh? Well let's see what happens when I pick it up. Only then I can worry about sorting it out.

Comment

It has passenger side issues but it's nothing major. Probably just needs to be adjusted.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
        85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
        91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

hoods gonna have issues, i have the ma shaw hood and it is one of the better fitting ones out there and still is off with hood seals

Shes sold now :(

Comment

Working...
          X