which cooling system hoses are needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good points.

kevin, ill be sure to change the expansion tank cap.

are you sure a 90/10 mixture is ok? I live in California, so it never gets very cold, or very hot. i've typically used about a 50/50 mixture for my other cars. is the s14 different? someone also mentioned to me to use water wetter with it. any thoughts on this? What exactly does it do?

Comment

I will be doing this sometime in the future as well...do you need to full the hoses with coolant as you attach them to prevent air pockets? Or can you just clamp em up, fill the radiator and resivoir and start the car? Thanks
      "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

AlpineRunner,

The system will self bleed itself of air bubbles. I believe you connect everything up, fill it with coolant, and then let it run with the heater on in the car, and the reservoir cap off. The bubbles should work their way out.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, since this is what i'll be doing!

Comment

Originally posted by marsfire
          AlpineRunner,

The system will self bleed itself of air bubbles. I believe you connect everything up, fill it with coolant, and then let it run with the heater on in the car, and the reservoir cap off. The bubbles should work their way out.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, since this is what i'll be doing!
          You're right, that's how I did mine. Oh make sure you get the tool to get the water pump nut off, its a biotch if you don't.

Comment

where to get the water pump nut tool?

Originally posted by KauzE30M3
            You're right, that's how I did mine. Oh make sure you get the tool to get the water pump nut off, its a biotch if you don't.
            hey KauzE30M3,
            Where do I get this tool to remove the water pump nut??

Comment

I believe you can get it at the dealership. From what I hear there is a bike tool that can do the trick, but ask around for that. When I changed out my water pump I didn't have the tool. We took the pump out w/ the fan still attached. We used a strap wrench and a shit load of muscle. That thing tightens itself up through the years since it's reverse thread. The tool would have made it easier. Good luck with everything.

Neil

Comment

Re: where to get the water pump nut tool?

Originally posted by marsfire
                hey KauzE30M3,
                Where do I get this tool to remove the water pump nut??

allow me to save you from the wrath of Mr Searchy

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...&threadid=2411

:cool:
                A friend will come bail you out of jail, but a TRUE friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "Dude, that was focking awesome!"

Comment

Viola! Magic!
                  http://www.s14.net/forums/search.php

Comment

Working...
                  X