on new intake, weight and gtechs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on new intake, weight and gtechs...

Well, after running my Maxx for about a week and a half I finaly got around to opening up my intake. I made myself a 4" intake, kinda butchered up my evo air box, but I'm not going back to the AFM!
    The diffrence in sound is great, ALOT more torque. Found I was running to a little leaner after installing it. So a little more fuel.

I went and weighed my car at the truck stop. 3020lbs with me in the car and 1/2 a tank of fuel. .... I think it's time to put the little critter on a diet. plugged that # into a gtech. hmmmm it said I ran the quarter in 12.9 sec at 103 mph. It said 140 hp. I know for a fact that the horsepower is off.

On a side note, from a rolling start I'm dead even with a pretty modified E36m3. I get creamed from a standing start.....lack of rubber.

Time to calibrate the Gtech...

I've been playing with a MR Dyno, and after lots of fine-tuning it's finally giving me reliable, believable results. Best, I think, is to go to a dragstrip (just once, ok) and check your unit against the track.

Dick at Dynospot has a really built 2.5L with all the goodies, and he told me he ran a 14.1 @ 100 mph...

FWIW,

Anders
    Anders

"Objects in mirror are losing..."

Comment

Yeah, I gave the gtech back to my buddy. That and I'm going to the drag strip a little later, just once. I know BMW's aren't drag cars, but what the hell, it's still a car....

Comment

BMW's actually make good drag cars, just not when they have a narrow high rpm powerband 4 banger
        A friend will come bail you out of jail, but a TRUE friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "Dude, that was focking awesome!"

Comment

Reed the G-Tech manual on getting a good Dyno graph out of it.

You have to start off slow and then get on it. Not launch the car, the 0-60 times will suck, but you will get a good graph that is really close to my Dyno chart.

Do not click
          At least it's German

Comment

I will have to try that.
            I guess when all else fails read the destructions.

Any idea how close the cornering meter is to acctual. If I can find a place to put it I want to mount it in the Formula Mazda and compare the data to the micron.

For those of you with the carbon intake how big is the opening? I went from the bumper air horn of 2" to a 4 inch all the way to the plenum.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwcousins

For those of you with the carbon intake how big is the opening? I went from the bumper air horn of 2" to a 4 inch all the way to the plenum.
              5" at the smallest part between the snorkel and the plenum.

T

Comment

Working...
              X