M3 Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M3 Blues

This week i was went to dyno tune my car after installing A-N. It seems i blew a ring in the process. Created ton of blow by. Now i am stuck between deciding to rebuild the motor, or selling the car.

Would there be any intrest in buying the car? It has a ton of after market mods. It is a 2.5 with head work, cams, GC coilovers, 18 in BBs rims. A-N. Poly mounts all around, cf dtm mirrors and a lot of other stuff i wount list right now.
    What the car will need for the most part is painting of the front bumper, and an engine rebuild.

If i will lose significantly, on a price selling it this way ill keep it, but may have to keep the car on hold for some time. These cars are a financial night mare!

Keep it and save for the rebuild only if you can afford it though.

If it's gonna be a financial burden in the long run, then you might as well get some money out of it NOW.

Good Luck...
    Richie
    In an Embassy Somewhere..

91 M3 - SOLD but not forgotten (to J.R. Nagy)
    03 Land Cruiser with the works
    06 Royal Enfield 350

Comment

from BMWE30.net:

WANTED: I Want an M3 with a Passion!
      Categories: E30s
      Ad Number: xxxx
      Date Posted: 22/06/2004
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      United States
      Telephone:
      E-Mail: Reply to Ad
      Web Site:

Description
      Im 17 and i have a little over a thousand dollars -- I can do landscaping work and painting if i have to make up the difference if think i could even scrape together an extra 500 dollars
      I would consider a 325is if worse came to worse.
      A friend will come bail you out of jail, but a TRUE friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "Dude, that was focking awesome!"

Comment

I don't think he would sell the M3 for $1k

Comment

TeamM3 i think its worth a lot more than that
          DICK

Comment

Cold blooded TeamM3...

Sorry to hear that Frank. Fucking sucks! As for $$, it can be hard keeping up a performance vehicle that's 16 years old.
            If it's not 1 thing it's another.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

you guys, always jumping to the most negative conclusion :rolleyes:

fwiw, that's not what I meant but don't let me get in the way of the hostile, petty bickering that you seem to love so much
              A friend will come bail you out of jail, but a TRUE friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "Dude, that was focking awesome!"

Comment

Can you drop the piston from the bottom end and rering it?

Comment

no to get the rings in correctly you have to load the piston from the top. To get the piston loose you have to remove the bottom end. Your rebuilding the engine if your already going that far. How many miles on the 2.5?

Good luck and sorry,

Matt
                  -Matt

For Aftermarket Engine Management, Visit Electromotive Store:
                  http://www.electromotivestore.com

Own a shop and need a better website?
                  PM me or Visit http://www.shop-websites.com

Comment

Originally posted by TeamM3
                    you guys, always jumping to the most negative conclusion :rolleyes:

fwiw, that's not what I meant but don't let me get in the way of the hostile, petty bickering that you seem to love so much
                    Even I knew TeamZ...i mean TeamM3 was just joking around....and I'm the first to jump on him for shit.

I think he was just trying to lighten up the situation with somethign funny he found...

What is going on...im defending TeamZ4??? :p

Frank...im sorry to hear about that bro...hit me up on AIM tomorrow.

I think a ring can be done through the bottom....maybe not to the best spec...but i think it can be done pretty dman well.

We'll talk.

Sorry again bro.

Comment

"you guys, always jumping to the most negative conclusion "

I wasn't jumping to anything... just saying he wouldn't sell the car for $1k... although it would be nice for that guy (who wants the M3) but its the internet so one can take one meaning one way, when it was meant for the other way.

I can't believe Adam is defending Mark! The world is gonna end. (jk of course)

Comment

Three of us did not comprehend any constructive/positive/or humor in your message.

If you're not a paid comedian, or if you realize that you can come-off as a jerk, maybe posting to threads that need a brothers pat on the shoulder ain't for you.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

ALLRighty Then!!
                          back to paid programming.

Frank, you have too much invested in the car to let it go. Let it sit if you have to. Once you can afford it, have the affected cylinder mildy honed assuming you haven't dragged the broken ring around for a long while, check and replace piston, refresh all the rings, put it back together. and sell it or keep it.

I'm bummed about the other thread of a blown motor.

I'm coming to the conclusion that one has to be bipolar to start a relationship with one of these cars.
                          m.

Comment

M3

ahhh it would be nice if I could buy back my baby!!!!!

Comment

what makes you think you blew a ring? first make sure it definitely is that and then start thinking.

and ive seen the car in person, its a very nice and well maintained car from what i can see.

good luck with it and sorry about that
                              Old School

Comment

Working...
                              X