different sizes of M-tech 2 wheel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different sizes of M-tech 2 wheel?

I have been looking on eBay for this wheel and have seen multiple sellers list it as 385mm. I searched and found that the M-tech 2 is supposedly 370mm? I also have seen the wheel listed as fitting only the e36. Did they even make that wheel to fit the e36? Thanks for your help!
    -MJ
    Here is the listing for reference

185mm on eBay e36 M-tech 2 385mm M-tech 2 on eBay
    Last edited by AlpineRunner; 07-06-2004, 09:40 AM.
    "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

You want the 370mm one for the E30. There is an E36 one which won't fit our cars. I believe the E34 one might but i'm not sure.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
    85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
    91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Whats funny is that the E30 and E34 have different part numbers. I don't know how the E34 one would fit the E30 one?

Comment

I have the 37cm synthetic covered one, excellent wheel.

Comment

It seems that the e30 and e34 are the wheels that fit our cars and there is an e36 one that will not (which is strange because I thought all e36s had to have airbags). But were that two sizes of the e30/e34 wheel? That is what I'm trying to figure out. Thanks -Mike
          "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

actually

well, to tell you the truth i have no idea ok.

Comment

^ WTF

Comment

^ open registration and...

Comment

Didn`t know there were twins around here.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes there are two sizes. I remember someone bought one on ebay and didn't realize there was two sizes (he got the bigger one).

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
                    85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
                    91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

e30:370mm
                      e34:385mm

both fits in our M3s

e36 ones don't fit!!!!

for sizes from the wheels you could also watch in your BMW ETK

Marks

http://www.bmwm3shop.de

Comment

excellent, thank you Markus, exactly what I wanted to know

Comment

I love these Steering wheels, but I really want one with the TRI-Color Stiching.

Anyone know if u can replace the stiching. I love the E46 M3 Wheel, and the M5 Wheel. Any chances of making them fit?

Comment

Originally posted by Mixmusix
                            I love these Steering wheels, but I really want one with the TRI-Color Stiching.

Anyone know if u can replace the stiching. I love the E46 M3 Wheel, and the M5 Wheel. Any chances of making them fit?

I was wondering the same thing. that would be great for the 91 cars that came with that terrible looking airbag wheel. a M coupe wheel would look very sporty and still retain the airbag function.

are the splines different on the E36 models, or is it just the airbag compadibility?

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
                            they are not idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric

are the splines different on the E36 models, or is it just the airbag compadibility?
                              The e46 M3 steering wheel or M Coupe wheel would be HOT! It's a spline issue as (according to others) the M-tech 2 wheel for the e36 does not fit and it doesn't have an airbag.

Comment

Working...
                              X