Will this wheel/tire combo work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this wheel/tire combo work?

I bought some 18 x 8.5's (or so I thought). Turns out, they are actually 19.5 x 9.25's. Will they fit the rear of my M3? What size tires do you guys recomend for mostly daily driving? I have one bent 17 x 7.5 which is why I bought the new pair to begin with.

You bought 19.5 inch rims????

and 9.25" wide ones at that???

I highly doubt they even make 19.5" tires...at least not ones that would fit our cars...

Im saying...there is no way those are fitting...19x8 would probably be the biggest rim you can go...

Where are these rims from? What offset?

ADA///M

Comment

The only 19x8.25" wheels i've seen for sale recently are the $6000 TCKline Antera magnesium touring car wheels, which are of course E36 offset. Well we've seen the one car from Mexico with the 19x8.5" BBS CH's running a 215/35-19 (which is way too narrow) on modified fenders. Looked kinda cartoonish with the stretched tires, but i bet you could make it look right with a LOT of fender work.
      Alex McHenry

Comment

Ouch!

Ebay the sucka's

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

from your measurements it sound like you physically measured them with a tape measure.. read the stamp on the inside of the rim for the actual size. 18" wheels would measure larger if you went from outside edge to outside edge.
          Chris
          90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by cramer
            from your measurements it sound like you physically measured them with a tape measure.. read the stamp on the inside of the rim for the actual size. 18" wheels would measure larger if you went from outside edge to outside edge.
            That I did. I measured them with a tape measure. I'm not sure what offset they are. They are BBS RK's. I got them cheap from a new ebay seller. I took a risk and bought them after nobody else would. Ok, I don't know how to read the size from it, so I'll list all of the numbers:
            BT 13 Rk002
            81/2Jx18H2
            MAX 7000N
            JIL 01

How big are they? How do you measure the offset?

Comment

BT 13 Rk002
              81/2Jx18H2
              MAX 7000N
              JIL 01

should be ET 13 RK002 which is an offset of 13mm RK002 is probably the model number of the wheel

8 1/2" wide, by 18"

the rest is i'm not sure, JIL 01 may be the manufacture date
              Chris
              90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

You took a chance.....and you lost...

The Offset of 13 is probably too small....and theres no way to fix that...

The rims are 18"x8.5" which is OK...but the offset is way wrong and I doubt it will fit....

Any of you with 18's out there want to post your ET's??

Comment

13mm is a little low, when i was running 18x8.5" PG2's up front i had a 38mm offset with a 15mm spacer, which brought it down to a 23mm offset. So basically you're 10mm further our, which is a good bit- you'll have to roll the stink out of your fenders to clear those.
                  Alex McHenry

Comment

when i bought my BBS's they said 13mm on 18x8.5" could fit.. i went with 22mm instead to be safe..good thing because the fronts stuck way out (rears were fine) I pulled the 10mm spacer off (comes on the BBS tuner wheels) to get a 32mm offset up front to make them fit in the fenders. Now if you are running camber plates you could get some decent negative camber and mod the fenders...they might fit..
                    Chris
                    90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

So then, what would you guys say should be the minimum offset? What do you guys suggest?

Comment

Working...
                      X