Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on a jack?

hey everyone,

i checked my car (which i bought last month), and it didn't come with a jack so i definitely need to get one. i had 2 questions:

-where exactly are the jack points on the m3? they seem different on the bottom from my non-m3 e30.

-what would you recommend for a jack? should i look for an oem bmw jack or should I just buy a 'normal' jack from the auto store? the oem jack will be nice in that it stores away, but i don't put much into the trunk anyways, so space shouldnt be a problem.

well, lemme know. thanks.
    -Will

be sure and update your comprehensive auto insurance deductible, life insurance dismemberment policy, and living will prior to buying and using the OE BMW jack
    A friend will come bail you out of jail, but a TRUE friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "Dude, that was focking awesome!"

Comment

LOL hahahahahha... thats some good stuff. I wouldnt use the oem jack if I was on the southside with a flat.

////Matt
      -Matt

For Aftermarket Engine Management, Visit Electromotive Store:
      http://www.electromotivestore.com

Own a shop and need a better website?
      PM me or Visit http://www.shop-websites.com

Comment

i took my OE jack out fo the car....i almost ruined my car 3 times using it....that shit is garbage...

I keep a jack from an nissan maxima in my trunk now...it fits in the stock jack space too....and its much better....just for emergencies.

I use a realy hydraulic jack when im in my garage.

Comment

Try a Maxima Jack like ADA. There were a few Maximas made and MANY in the junkyard now.

Hey ADA///M, what year was your Maxima?

For a shop jack the Aluminium one from Sears works great, I borrowed one from a friend at the track. Nice piece.

Comment

Or you can prove your manhood every track weekend and lug around the steel jack from Sears. Careful, you may well throw out your back trying to get it into the back seat.
            Increasing the value of E30 M3's everywhere - one shunt at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by ydubbs4
              Or you can prove your manhood every track weekend and lug around the steel jack from Sears. Careful, you may well throw out your back trying to get it into the back seat.
              True, but a real man carries a 3 ton trolly jack.....

Comment

Real men don't need jacks

Comment

i life my car with my teeth!

now for on topic, the stock jack is trash, mine almost killed me. i used a nice 3 ton from F&H
                  "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
                  "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
                  onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

Originally posted by TeamM3
                    be sure and update your comprehensive auto insurance deductible, life insurance dismemberment policy, and living will prior to buying and using the OE BMW jack
                    hahah, you guys are too much.

I have a real jack in my garage, but I just needed something for use in case i get a flat on the side of the road or something. I'll go with a non-bmw jack.

thanks again

As for the jacking points, in the rear, there seems to be a point at the subframe that i can jack up from. what about the front? where should i use the jack? dont wanna break anything or do something stupid....

Comment

Re: opinions on a jack?

Originally posted by marsfire
                      hey everyone,

-where exactly are the jack points on the m3? they seem different on the bottom from my non-m3 e30.

well, lemme know. thanks.
                      -Will
                      The jacking points are marked with arrows on your side skirts.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am sure someone won't like it, but I jack of the diff case in the rear, and the middle of the front subframe up front. But if you are just doing a corner, see the above post.

Will
                        Increasing the value of E30 M3's everywhere - one shunt at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by ydubbs4
                          ...I jack of the diff case in the rear...

Will
                          couldn't help myself

My jack is busted as well, I use the jack from my mom's e46 330 which works fine if used carefully (making sure it's perpendicular to the ground, leaving it in gear, and using the e-brake.)
                          But I do need a jack that I can keep in the car. So what years will work for the Maxima? Any other models? Thanks

just found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW will it work? (now don't anyone bid this up on me)
                          Last edited by AlpineRunner; 07-09-2004, 11:43 AM.
                          "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

get an aluminum floor jack to carry with you, and a 3 ton jack for the house.

Comment

I have a jack from an 90 corrolla and a 98 Maxima both are similar and both work well

Comment

Working...
                              X