OE Brake Ducting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OE Brake Ducting

After cooking my brakes at Croft last Monday I am now looking to replace the foglights with the Air channels and ducting and would welcome input to make sure I have the correct items.

So starting at the front the items I think I need are

51.71.2.238.247/248 Air Channels Left/Right (should fit into the foglight mountings ??) Could I use the CF ones from s14.de shop?

51.71.2.230.660 (x2) Air Ducts

I have the option of cutting the holes in the existing undertray or, as it is already damaged, get the correct undertray with the holes precut. I think I need 51.11.2.233.719 which is for the Evo II but I'm not sure if I need 51.11.2.233.043 (Evo Sport) as the ETK isn't clear. It shows the same graphic for those two as well as the non E2/E3 item.

and I nearly forgot about the Misc screws and nuts.

Thanks
    Kevin
    Cecotto/Ravaglia Register.

Opps I made a complete mess of the p/n's for the undertrays they should be

51.71.2.230.719 Evo II
    51.71.2.233.043 Evo Sport
    Kevin

Comment

Part number 51-712-233-043

This part is the Evo III with the holes already molded in for the brake ducts. I just put this undertray on last week. Nice piece but expensive, about $150 US.

Note, if you still have AC on your car, brake ducting might be a problem. I have heard that when using this Evo III undertray and brake ducts the AC receiver/dryer is in the way. Ditch that ugly AC system and save about 62 pounds of weight!

Mark M
      E30 M3 / E46 M3 / E83 X3

Comment

No aircon for me so no extra weight or ducting issues.

So the Evo Sport (Evo III) undertray just bolts straight in?? If you have just fitted this part then that is the confirmation I needed. Thank you.

I thought the Evo II had the holes for the ducts as well hence trying to decide which one to get. I wasn't sure if the Evo Sport item was different due to the splitter undertray. Do you have a splitter fitted?

The good news for me is that the Evo Sport undertray is cheaper that the Evo II one, in fact 2/3rds of the price.

Cheers
        Kevin

Comment

Info found

Gustave's site has this useful info
          Kevin

Comment

Working...
          X