O-Fest recap (NO WAY 56k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-Fest recap (NO WAY 56k)

Well I'm home now. My headgasket was leaking the whole way and we needed to make stops for me to refill my coolant.

A BIG THANKS GOES OUT TO BARRY R, AND SOUTH BAY INDEPENDENT! This shop ROCKS! We went over when they were closed and they let me change my oil there. We ended up hanging out for over 6hours talking cars and stuff. I also got to meet Adam, and of course Barry drove me over there with his patient GF.

The next day, the parking garage decided to move my car and did some damage to the wheel, fender and trunk lid. This is all still being worked out and really ruined my vacation. The LA chapter CCA is not only useless but complete ASS HOLES! They are extremely stuck up, offer no assistance, or compassion. I will never do anything they host ever! They also have the "La Attitude". Luckily Barry and the group were there to help out and really made my vacation!

I never realized how good my local chapter is, and now I want to get more involved to keep it that way. Luckily we are a tighter group up here, and seam to be just a little more friendly.

O-Fest in general was kinda lame. I paid $250 to get into some good times. They offered me nothing for my money. Most events were a good drive away, the vendors area was, well, about 6 vendors were were not really into pushing their products. There was a HUGE lack of communication, and things were canceled last minuet and people were not notified. They served Chinese food at a Bavarian reception. They wanted people to show up at 7am for the track events, but then they don't show up till 9am. The concours was canceled, then moved over to the convention center and we were all crammed in.

Now on to the good stuff. I got to meet friends who I have only known online for years! This meant a LOT to me. Dean and I also did 150+ twisty mountain roads in his M1. LOTS of fun. I took 1st place in my group in the Councours. I got to drive a 2002 Turbo! lastly, meeting new people and making some new friends.

Lastly a good drive down there and back. We hit some sweet back roads, went threw the red woods. On the way back, we ended up taking a short cut that put us on a super twisty 10+ mile road that worked me.

Here are some shots.......

Do not click
    At least it's German

I have more shots, and all are HIGH res, if any one wants them send me a email, there about 2mb a piece.

Do not click
    At least it's German

Comment

great pics mike, thanks for posting. in one pic your car looks really slammed in the rear, I like it!

dave

Comment

Hmmm Okay let's play name the West coast S14.net members.

Who is Reelizmpro?
        Who is EvoIIIM3?
        Who is MrSha007?
        Who is TheRealM3?

Bonus: Who is CleanAzzE30's aka our long lost M3 brother Mariano?

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
        85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
        91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Originally posted by Reelizmpro
          Hmmm Okay let's play name the West coast S14.net members.

Who is Reelizmpro?
          Who is EvoIIIM3?
          Who is MrSha007?
          Who is TheRealM3?

Bonus: Who is CleanAzzE30's aka our long lost M3 brother Mariano?

I know, I know!

Do not click
          At least it's German

Comment

Looks like a good and bad time. How bad is the damage? I'd be out for blood. What can't people just look after stuff.
            Great pics and that M1 is awesome.

So who's who in the group pic?
            Looks like Shae in the background and that's got to be Mariano in the Argentina top?
            "It's not the mountain we conquer but ourselves"

Comment

Nice pics.

And yes, LA Chapter does suck. Hopefully they can put their politics aside soon and start having better events.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamF 88iS
                Nice pics.

And yes, LA Chapter does suck. Hopefully they can put their politics aside soon and start having better events.
                Some how I doubt it.

Did you get your shocks yet? Ireland just F'upd my order, first they send it instead of me picking it up. They they send it to my old address when I gave them the new one.

Dam I wish the order was canceled so I could get the parts from SBI.

Do not click
                At least it's German

Comment

Yep, car is all done and going for alignment today. I'll post pics in the member's rides section later.

And yea, I doubt it too.

Comment

Originally posted by EVOIIIM3
                    Some how I doubt it.

Did you get your shocks yet? Ireland just F'upd my order, first they send it instead of me picking it up. They they send it to my old address when I gave them the new one.

Dam I wish the order was canceled so I could get the parts from SBI.
                    IE royally F'd up my order also. Luckily I was able to find Abraham with the camber plates so I didnt have to go through IE.

Comment

Is everyone in the group pic on this site?

Ok, Shae is back right for sure and Mariano in the front with the Argentina top on.
                      I'll take a guess that Barry is the guy 2nd from the right with Shae looking over his shoulder. As for the rest I ain't got a clue.

Is Mike in the pic? I guess he's taking it. Damn that guy is camera shy!

Comment

Originally posted by M3Pilot
                        Is everyone in the group pic on this site?

Ok, Shae is back right for sure and Mariano in the front with the Argentina top on.
                        I'll take a guess that Barry is the guy 2nd from the right with Shae looking over his shoulder. As for the rest I ain't got a clue.

Is Mike in the pic? I guess he's taking it. Damn that guy is camera shy!
                        yes, Mike is in the picture. 2 of the guys are not on S14.net.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
                        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
                        85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
                        91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

OK,

Mike is on the right of Mariano who's in the blue and white top. Shae's at the back who is looking over Barry's shoulder. TheRealM3 is to the left of Mariano. ( might have Barry and TherealM3 the wrong way round).
                          The two guys on the outside left and right of the pic are the non members.

Ok So who's who, I must be somewhere near LOL.

Comment

im in the back!
                            "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
                            "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
                            onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

Barry is 2nd from left. Mike is 4th from left. Shae is at the back and TheRealM3 (forgot his name) is 2nd from right. Extreme right is Dean who owns the red M1. What's the name of the Asian guy? Looks Filipino to me. Again, was nice meeting you guys at Fuddruckers.

Comment

Working...
                              X