rear view mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear view mirror

searchy gave me no help. just wondering how i could tighten my rear view mirror, where it connects, up behind the check panel. mine vibrates and is real blurry when i drive, and i am tired of it.

i cant tell if what im seeing is just a cover for the mirror? or if its the mirror itself, and though id better ask before i start prying.

also, when i look at my mirror from outside my car, there is a little protruding piece with a hole in it, on the "shaft" of the mirror right before it disappears into the headliner. is there supposed to be a rubber piece to stop the mirror from vibrating?

any help would be the shiat.
    1990 M3/1998 M3 Sedan

Re: rear view mirror

[i]
    also, when i look at my mirror from outside my car, there is a little protruding piece with a hole in it, on the "shaft" of the mirror right before it disappears into the headliner. is there supposed to be a rubber piece to stop the mirror from vibrating?
    Yup.
    "Never lift"

Comment

sorry, it's not shown on the ETK :sosad:
      A friend will come bail you out of jail, but a TRUE friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "Dude, that was focking awesome!"

Comment

I tried for a while to get a rubber piece to stop the vibrations but couldn't find anything that fit perfectly. Basically, just tighten it up (it screws to change the pressure on the glass) until it is tight. It should be pretty good. If it is bouncing around to the point where it is hard to see, then you don't have it tightened up all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris F.
          I tried for a while to get a rubber piece to stop the vibrations but couldn't find anything that fit perfectly. Basically, just tighten it up (it screws to change the pressure on the glass) until it is tight. It should be pretty good. If it is bouncing around to the point where it is hard to see, then you don't have it tightened up all the way.
          oh ok. where are the screws to tighten it at? when i take off the check panel do i have to take of a sheathing off of the mirror? sorry, i just dont want to break something.

mark, thanks for looking anyhow
          1990 M3/1998 M3 Sedan

Comment

bump? anyone know how to get at the screws to tighten the mirror?
            1990 M3/1998 M3 Sedan

Comment

Okay....

Look at the glass behind the review mirror...

You will see at the top of the rearview mirror, there is a little adjuster that is round, which you can move clockwise or counter-clockwise. That is the adjuster, at least it is for rearview mirrors with map lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Bavarian3
                Okay....

Look at the glass behind the review mirror...

You will see at the top of the rearview mirror, there is a little adjuster that is round, which you can move clockwise or counter-clockwise. That is the adjuster, at least it is for rearview mirrors with map lights.
                That's the ticket right there.

Comment

Working...
                X