Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

Who Has seen the Police Vs. E30 M3 video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Has seen the Police Vs. E30 M3 video?

I saw this clip like 2 years ago. It was on one of those FOX, "When Things Go Bad" special episodes. Basically, its some 15 year old kid who has a Supercharged E30 M3, and keeps the Camaro Chasing Cops at Bay..... plus Its interesting to hear the John Walsh Wanna-be narrator give the play by play, good laughs as well, "Our Camaro's Have special Chips installed." as the M3 is 2 miles in frong of them, and the cops lcrashing, and losing control all over the place.

Any whoo, its a nice clip, a couple mins long. If anyone is interested let me know, or if someone wants to Give some Space to Upload it so everyone can stream it, even better.

:-)
    Last edited by Mixmusix; 07-14-2004, 05:32 PM.

I've heard of this vid for about the last two years but have never been able to find a link that works to watch it. If someone wants to host it for my viewing pleasure, that would be great!!

-Clayton

Comment

try doing a search on the forums for it

it's probably been posted quite a few times
      hilarious video....
      i believe there are one or two large threads discussing whether or not the kid was actually caught or if he got away

you'll notice in the video they re-play footage from the chase near the end when they say he was captured
      sketchy!
      Where'd you get the coconuts?

Comment

ok firstly I doubt the car is s/c.. just hype they use to ramp up the drama.... 240hp my ass:this had always bothered me.
        second: its a 15 year-old kid who manages to out-wit and out drive a number of cops yet the cops try to spin it like the kid is to blame for the one officer over reacting to the kid losing control of his car and almost killing himself and another pursuit car. rumor is that the kid got away yet the show used extra footage to make it appear that he was caught [50% of all car chases end in the suspect getting away]... well enough of that... here's the link. enjoy!

click me and go make a sandwitch
        SteveZ

Comment

That is exactly what im Saying.

Especially about the part in the End, they say the car broke down and the kid was caught, but then why do they just re-show the same footage of the car braking Hard trying to dodge a spike strip.

I think he got away, and the cops were just too sore about the whole deal.

Comment

I daught the M3 e30 has bad breaks.
            Now I think these copcars have really bad breaks !

Daniel
            www.m3e30.ch

Comment

The kid was caught. I read (somewhere) the local newspaper report on the incident. IIRC it was his dad's car he stole.....

Also, someone quoted that "50% of suspects in car chases get away".........not true at all. Unless the cops decide the chase is too dangerous and discontinue it, trying to flee in a car is a virtual guarantee of getting caught. A car is very visible and makes it extremely hard to slip out of sight. Once a chase starts, every police unit in the area will be converging on it, and most larger jurisdictions have helicopters. When the fleeing car is spotted by a helicopter, the game is over. Usually, the fleeing subject tries so hard to drive fast to get away from the cops, in an unfamiliar car(ususally stolen), that they crash in the first or second turn.

Most police cars are not real fast, but radio waves are and all the cops have to do is keep the fleeing car in sight.

Comment

The end of the video was doctored; it is the same section where the kid brakes hard and pulls a U-turn (you can compare the surroundings to confirm).

The kid was 15 and he was driving his father's stolen car. Pretty good driving for a 15 year old.

The father reported the car stolen and the cops came to the house and waited for the kid to return, that's when they got him.

Comment

At the end the cop is complaining about the kid trying to hit him, but in the video it really looks like HE swerves into the kid's lane and overcorrects. The whole video looks like a demo of how junky Camaros handle and brake.

I bet he misunderstood the last question they asked him. I'm sure it was more like "So what did YOU learn from the 15 year old suspect?"

Comment

[i]Originally posted by Ironhead

Also, someone quoted that "50% of suspects in car chases get away".........not true at all. Unless the cops decide the chase is too dangerous and discontinue it, trying to flee in a car is a virtual guarantee of getting caught. A car is very visible and makes it extremely hard to slip out of sight. Once a chase starts, every police unit in the area will be converging on it, and most larger jurisdictions have helicopters. When the fleeing car is spotted by a helicopter, the game is over. Usually, the fleeing subject tries so hard to drive fast to get away from the cops, in an unfamiliar car(ususally stolen), that they crash in the first or second turn.

Most police cars are not real fast, but radio waves are and all the cops have to do is keep the fleeing car in sight.
                    Nope... 100% true and a well know fact among law enforcement, My stepfather's a detective and has been telling me that for years. Accoarding to a generic training video he brought home, the odds go way up (~75%) if the suspect is in his own car, in a residental area, and a local, sober, male between 25-35 and almost to 100% if the same is true but the suspect is on a performance bike. The local PD even has a "no pursuit" policey with crotchrockets that run--"we just try to get close enough to get a licence plate number"
                    How many police departments do you think have choppers in the air waiting for a car to flee? 5% at most?
                    The radio has is shortcomings too: the cop has to know were you are before he can lead others to your location.. Sport Compact Car did a artical of copcars a year ago and trust me, the average cruiser is slow as hell ~15 sec 1/4 and a sloth through the slolams, this makes it extremely easy to "slip away". The lt1 camaros are a different story-- high 13's-- but makeup a small fraction of the fleet if at all.
                    The reason you never hear this is obviuos, If every tom, dick and harry knew this fact the police would have a hell of a time and the number would escalate significantly.
                    I'm not BSing you bro.. its 50%.
                    SteveZ

Comment

I'm not BSing you bro.. its 50%.
                      Well, no point in arguing. But I disagree.....respectfully of course.....

Comment

If you ever get into a conversation with a cop and he's not one of these "powertripping inpersonal aholes" we've all come to know... ask him about if the mood is right, I've talked to 3 seperate cops in my area and they're all aware of this fact.
                        SteveZ

Comment

The difference might be the area we are talking about. I don't know what sort of area you reside in, but I am refering primarily to more "urban" areas where the vast majority of police pursuits occur.

In California, there are the LA, San Diego, Sacramento, Fresno, SF Bay area, and many other high population centers. In any of these regions, running from the cops is a losing proposition. Within 90 seconds the "pursuee" will have 10 cops on his ass and a helicopter overhead.

However, in many rural areas it is a different story. There might be only one cop in the area with other patrol cars 30 minutes or more away.

Obviously the likelyhood of success in running from the cops would vary greatly in the two areas......

Comment

I'm not well informed of police pursuit, and evasion laws in the USA (especially since it varies from state to state) but in the province of Ontario, Canada there is no such thing as a fine for evading the police! At the very most you can get fined with is reckless driving and other driving violations that you may commit wile speeding away. A friendly cop (who was hitting on my female friend at a bar) told us that you should probobly just give it a chance and speed away because the worst that can happen (if you get caught) is not that bad.

As far as motorcycle pursuits go, most cops will not engage, although there was an incident where a cop blocked the path of my friend's buddy who was speeding at over 100 mph. Now the speeder is ruined for life thanks to a hot headed cop, especially condidering that he was speeding on a rural road with noone to endanger but himself.

Nik

Comment

In California, fleeing in a manner that causes negligent danger to other persons (pretty much any pursuit) is a felony that is vigorously prosecuted. Typically this charge by itself, first offense, carries 18 months in state prison.

Running is definitely a bad idea in California.

Comment

Working...
                              X