Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunk toolkit

Hi,

my trunk toolkit is pretty empty. I want to fill the box with all the original tools. Does someone have a picture of a (full) toolkit?
    With a picture I can see wich tools I need.

Thanks

This might help? - Click on the correct graphic and see what you want, i

http://rust.mine.nu/bmw/partgrp.do?m...00&hg=71&fg=05
    Last edited by Nostrils; 07-18-2004, 01:35 AM.
    Phil
    E30 M3 - The Original Inspiration

Comment

Which car can I find in a junk yard that had this large tool kit shown on the link given by Nostrils?

Comment

IIRC, this was available as an option, but not taken up by many. I think the 7 series and the 5 series have these large tool boxes and I am sure that other 3 series model could have this...according to the Online ETK.
        Last edited by Nostrils; 07-18-2004, 01:50 AM.
        Phil

Comment

OK thanks for the help

Comment

Heres mine . I'm not sure what the empty space is for , I was told it's a spare bulb holder.

This space is a sanctimonious shit free zone.

Comment

hey, what's that double-bent allen wrench for?

Just noticed I don't have that one and it's not shown on the ETK link ...
              A friend will come bail you out of jail, but a TRUE friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "Dude, that was focking awesome!"

Comment

Originally posted by TeamM3
                hey, what's that double-bent allen wrench for?

Just noticed I don't have that one and it's not shown on the ETK link ...
                one function is to....
                manually open/close windows and sunroof if need be

Comment

NOTE: The missing gap on the left of the picture is NOT for your locking wheel nuts! If I could scan a picture from the BMWCar Club GB magazine, I can show you what can happen!

Someone mentioned to me that the space could be for a gearbox and/or differential socket to open the bolt to check the levels of oil? Seems plausable but I have never seen a complete tool kit, mine is as the picture
                  Phil

Comment

Brian,
                    If you are referring to the space below the 17mm spanner then I believe that is for the locking wheel nut adaptor. I'm not aware of anything fitting in the middle where the retaining strap fits.
                    Kevin
                    Cecotto/Ravaglia Register.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
                      Brian,
                      If you are referring to the space below the 17mm spanner then I believe that is for the locking wheel nut adaptor. I'm not aware of anything fitting in the middle where the retaining strap fits.
                      I have, what I believe to be BMW original locking wheel caps , but you don't need an adaptor for what is fitted . These are just a locking cap that fit over a bolt .

I removed the plastic hanging strap from the middle of the tray, to get a better pic . When folded away , this is where it would lay .

I can't remember where I read ,that the space below the 17mm spanner was for a spare bulb .
                      This space is a sanctimonious shit free zone.

Comment

I have recently triede very bulb in the compartment. Nothing fits it; brake light, reverse, turn, interior wedge, nor side marker bulbs will fit. I would either leave it empty,or just tape a small sidemarker bulb in there.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

i've heard it was a socket apadter for diesel motors.???

to pull out the glow plugs or injectors.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                            one function is to....
                            manually open/close windows and sunroof if need be

thanks Bruce, I wonder why it's not shown in the ETK?

///MS
                            Last edited by TeamM3; 07-18-2004, 01:21 PM.
                            A friend will come bail you out of jail, but a TRUE friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "Dude, that was focking awesome!"

Comment

never mind, the tool is shown in the sunroof section

Comment

Working...
                              X