Strange Vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Vibration

I have a strange vibration that comes through the steering, from the engine (it's too high a frequency to be from the wheels, i think). It is only noticable under hard right hand cornering, almost as if the engine moves on it mounts? I've tried shaking the engine by hand, there isn't much play. Any ideas, do they all do this, you can hear the vibration too?
    If everything seems under control, then you're just not going fast enough...

Re: Strange Vibration

Originally posted by caneswell
    I have a strange vibration that comes through the steering, from the engine (it's too high a frequency to be from the wheels, i think). It is only noticable under hard right hand cornering, almost as if the engine moves on it mounts? I've tried shaking the engine by hand, there isn't much play. Any ideas, do they all do this, you can hear the vibration too?
    Motor mount letting the upper oil pan hit the steering rack?

T

Comment

Check underneath the car and see if you have enough room to slide your open hand between the front swaybar and the tranny.
      There is a bolt head on the tranny that will show witness marks from contact with the front swaybar.
      If you have a little trouble occasionally getting third gear while cornering then I'd replace both motor mounts.
      m.

Comment

Working...
      X