Carbon Fiber Box with 46mm throttle bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon Fiber Box with 46mm throttle bodies

Has anyone bought the one for the 46mm bodies?
    Did/do you ever plan on installing the 48mm bodies?

I've wondered about those who might dish out the money for the box on a 46mm setup, but want to upgrade later to the 48mm or even the 50mm bodies....
    Am I right to assume that only the proper airbox will adapt to each of these different sized throttle bodies?
    I think it would kind of suck to spend the money on the 46mm box and want to change later to bigger bodies and not be able to use the airbox you've already bought...

Any insight?
    Where'd you get the coconuts?

You can buy 48s and sleave 'em to 46. You can buy the 46 and bore it out to 48 later on. Same part, different "plug" used during the build.

Stan

Comment

Or you can buy the 46, use it till you need to upgrade, then sell it for a decent percentage of what you paid for it. I'm sure you'd have no trouble finding a buyer.

Comment

I have the 48mm CF airbox and running it on my 46mm throttle bodies.

Calvin

Comment

I have the 46mm and will bore it out to 48mm when I go down that path. It is true that the 46 & 48 are from the same mold. Just open them up with a dremel and a guide when you are ready.

Comment

You can buy 48s and sleave 'em to 46.
            I have the 48mm CF airbox and running it on my 46mm throttle bodies.

So I guess the best option would be to go with the 48 in case one plans on going to 48mm TBs...

Thanks for the replies, guys
            Where'd you get the coconuts?

Comment

Working...
            X