Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have 15k I can borrow??

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...DUCT_ID=S142.5

I'd sort of like to buy it and place it in my foyer. Like a piece of art.
    1988 M3
    2012 335is
    1993 Civic Si

Comment

That asking price is ridiculous!

For $ 15k, I can get a used 1995-1996 M3!!!

Or maybe even a 1997 4-door M3!!!

$ 10k maybe ideal but still!!!

OR a cream puff e30M3!

Just my opinion!

Comment

If you went and tried to have someone build that for you, you dont think it would cost you $15k? I'm asking, not becuase I am trying to prove a point, but because I dont honestly know. I kinda figured that $15k is the right ballpark.

Will
        Increasing the value of E30 M3's everywhere - one shunt at a time.

Comment

I don't think so. Turner's 2.5 rebuild kit cost about $ 2.5. Other parts included in the $ 15k engine are used.

$ 15,000 to get to get 285 hp, that's insane!!!

I would get TCD's turbo kit in development for $ 6,000.00 to easily get there.

I think PatP spent about $ 20,000 on his engine swap and upgrades, now does over 600whp and 700 torque! Streetable!

He has an article on Sept. Eurpean Car Magazine...he listed it on bimmer.org

Comment

different strokes for different folks....ill take a built 2.5 making near 300hp over Pat P's Piece of Shit anyday...

15k is a little nuts...but that engine is pretty solid....its got everything new....and its all done right...

Im sure they used about 8k in parts alone

Comment

That is a little high, but it is a well rebuilt motor!

If you were to have a shop do the same thing, you will be in it around that price. I think they are tring to get the people who live in BFE, and need a new properly built engine.

I believe the 285hp estimate.

Anyone who has chased HP with the S14 KNOWS it's cost a LOT to get there!!

FWIW, my engine cost a WHOLE lot more then $15k around double that amount. Was it worth it? HELL YEA!

Do not click
              At least it's German

Comment

Originally posted by ADA///M
                different strokes for different folks....ill take a built 2.5 making near 300hp over Pat P's Piece of Shit anyday...

15k is a little nuts...but that engine is pretty solid....its got everything new....and its all done right...

Im sure they used about 8k in parts alone
                I agree with Adam... pat p's car is a travesty to e30 m3s (P.O.S.).... it doesn't have an s14, wrong color stripes, just horribly ghettofied... and i don't really think that 600 rwhp out of a turbo motor should make all these people cream themselves... there are a lot of turbo cars out there capable of making a LOT more power, especially for the money invested. As i'm nearing the end of my rebuild project... between labor, parts, small parts that you don't really think add up (but they do), i'm nearing 13-15k.... so I do think that the price is possibly a little high... but with all of the components that engine has, i think 13 or so would be a solid asking price... and so what for the power? how many people are actually making 280 bhp on their s14's, let alone over 300 (which we have established is nearly impossible while still utilizing the AFM)... i think it is very adequate.... if i had to do the rebuild again, and i could talk Turner into 13k... i'd do it in a heartbeat (with free shipping to the west coast of course :t: )....
                1990 e30 m3

Comment

amendment to my previous quote... i went back and looked at all of the stuff that i have done on my rebuild.... i have built a wilder motor (different throttles, don fields head, couple of other things).... for much less than what tms wants after all of their other fees are paid... however, it is still probably a reliable and solid crate motor... but realizing how much less i'm paying, isn't the fun in doing it yourself?
                  1990 e30 m3

Comment

Just curious, I called Turner for the engine warranty....90 days on a street car, no warranty if car is used on the track.

So how will you enjoy it?

Hhhmmmm? Would that give you confidence?

Comment

Pat P's car is a whole other subject...

why would you put that engine in this car and then make it try and look like a DTM car....a bad one at that????

I wouldnt get that engine b/c for 15k id have it built to my specs....more agressive parts that can be just as reliable.

I doubt the 285....probably pretty close tho...more like 270

Comment

I've always thought those turner guys were crooks but this takes the cake.
                        "$2500 Core Charge is Additional." :rolleyes:

Comment

TMS motor

You guys should get pricing for a Checca or Fields motor... With the 48mm TB and header this does not seem totally out of line. Besides, TMS has to finance the speedvision racing eh:cool:
                          88M3 henna

73T100C
                          97 540\6-Gone
                          2008 MINI Clubman S

Comment

Originally posted by Mick
                            I've always thought those turner guys were crooks but this takes the cake.
                            "$2500 Core Charge is Additional." :rolleyes:
                            Now THAT'S pretty bold statement! I do *not* have anything BAD to say about TMS. IMHO, people at TMS know what they are talking about.
                            Last edited by ///Mous3; 07-21-2004, 09:02 AM.

Comment

TMS sucks...plain and simple...i have a lot of bad things to say about them...but this isnt the forum

Comment

Working...
                              X