Engine removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine removal

If i remove the engine with the tranny on it, will i have to drop the subframe?

Also where should i bring my motor to have it inspected and most likely rebuilt? I contacted Ron Checca so far any suggestions?

Don fields....all you really need are new rings....hopefully....so you might not need to much to be done.

Once you have the engine out...i would suggest taking the head off yourself....save yourself a few grand...and just bring the bottem end to someone. If you feel comfortable doing that.

Comment

yeah i plan on doing that, but i may have the head looked at too, because i dont want any worries with this car now. How do i contact Don Fields?

Comment

maybe somebody else can post his phone #:

[email protected]
        A friend will come bail you out of jail, but a TRUE friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "Dude, that was focking awesome!"

Comment

Thanks i just emailed him,

Any answer on the subframe removal, i prob should just take it off it would prob end up being easier, but if its not necessary i wont

Comment

732-919-2299
            "Never lift"

Comment

Originally posted by jordantii
              732-919-2299

thanks Jordan
              A friend will come bail you out of jail, but a TRUE friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "Dude, that was focking awesome!"

Comment

I removed my engine and tranny without dropping the subframe.
                1988 M3
                2012 335is
                1993 Civic Si

Comment

Originally posted by fspine
                  Thanks i just emailed him,

Any answer on the subframe removal, i prob should just take it off it would prob end up being easier, but if its not necessary i wont
                  Its absolutely not necessary to remove the subframe. Remove the radiator, and jack up the car so that you have sufficient room for the tranny to swing down as the front of the engine swings up. Once you clear the front top of the radiator support with the lower oil pan you can move the whole assembly forward. Just be careful. Much easier with two people.
                  Jefrem Iwaniw

Comment

You dont have to remove the subframe, or eventhe gear selector rod, Just when you go to grab it with the puller get it near the front of the engine. I got mine out and it was almost straight up and down, on my own. Putting it back in I needed a little help from a friend.

Comment

Working...
                    X