Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oddjob
    replied
    I wouldn't be afraid to buy a repaired car if after a thorough inspection I believe the work was done well. I'd expect to see all of the options functionaling properly, without bugs such as inoperable air conditioning, etc. If the work is done well a person can pick up a deal on a car that has new paint and a lot of other new parts on it.

Leave a comment:

• mazenz
    replied
    i cant believe the blue book value is actually that low! i would never ever sell my car for that little money. and nobody could buy one that cheap either unless it was butchered! fucking blue book needs a new volume written or something. :battle:

Leave a comment:

• mrsha007
    replied
    yea, im aware the ins declares it totaled or not, thats why im cheking all my options to see waht to do when the FINALLY notify me...

Leave a comment:

• Magnus
    replied
    I suggest you find 2-3 estimaters to give you a Valid & legitimate estimate of your cars worth. I really can't believe people still use blue book value for an M3. If you let them give you that value, then you are shorting yourself.

I suggest you hire 3 estimaters @ $100 each, If all of them give your car a value of around $16-17k, I bet the insurance company will give you $14k as a settlement. I have seen it done a couple of times. You could speak to them over the phone to make sure that they are inline with your wishes.

You need to research before you settle.

Insurance Information Institute, Inc.

Itís up to your insurer to decide whether to pay for repairing your car or to declare it a total loss and pay you its book value. Most standard auto policies will not pay to repair a vehicle if the repairs cost more than the cash value assigned to the car. There wonít be any dispute about whether to repair the car if it was completely totaled. But you may argue about what the pieces of the car were worth when they were assembled as a car. For you to get a settlement higher than the Blue Book value of your carís make and model, you will have to submit evidence such as mileage records, service history and affidavits from mechanics to show that your car was worth more. Youíre entitled to the market price of the car you just lost. You shouldnít get more or less than what you are due.
    http://www.iii.org/individuals/auto/file/value/

Leave a comment:

• mrsha007
    replied
    Originally posted by H a n
    I doubt you'll get $14k from the insurance company.
    A friend of mine wrecked his gorgeous M3 a couple months right after paying $16k for it.
    His insurance company totalled it, and gave him about $9k because that's what it was blue booked at.

I say if it's totalled, use the money to buy a new M3, and part this one out.
    You can get $4-5k plus whatever you can get for the motor.
    My friend sold his motor, all body panels, the interior... basically anything that wasn't welded on.
    He then sold the frame to a shop that was building a race car.

If your insurance company decides not to total it, then don't worry, just have it fixed.
    I've seen many cars in worse condition get fixed back to new.
    yea, i know i wont get 14 no way. my car blue booked at 9900. im hoping to use the argument that street value of the car is much higher. hopefully i can squeez out 10-11k. then part the car out. But right now i just wanted to see all my options

Leave a comment:

• H a n
    replied
    I doubt you'll get $14k from the insurance company.
    A friend of mine wrecked his gorgeous M3 a couple months right after paying $16k for it.
    His insurance company totalled it, and gave him about $9k because that's what it was blue booked at.

I say if it's totalled, use the money to buy a new M3, and part this one out.
    You can get $4-5k plus whatever you can get for the motor.
    My friend sold his motor, all body panels, the interior... basically anything that wasn't welded on.
    He then sold the frame to a shop that was building a race car.

If your insurance company decides not to total it, then don't worry, just have it fixed.
    I've seen many cars in worse condition get fixed back to new.

Leave a comment:

• mrsha007
    replied
    Originally posted by Magnus
    Option 1.
    My guess is that if they total it and give you (let's say) $14K, you buy it back off them for $1.5K, fix it for $7k and have $5.5k in mod money.

Option 2.
    The only other option is if they don't total it. You would just simply have it fixed... You might feel ackward thinking about driving something that was crashed, but once it's done you will see how perfect it will continue to be.

Option 3.
    Look, if you don't want it anymore then sell it, don't do the work. If it costs you 7 grand to fix it and you can then sell it for $12.5, why don't you just sell it now and let someone else breath life back into her. They may be able to do the work themselves or at least know someone who can do it for them at a good rate. If it causes you that much grief then let someone else over see it's rebirth. Why stress youurself out when you are going to get rid of it. Again, if insurance gives you (let's say) $14k totalled, you buy it back off them for $1.5K and you can sell your car as is for $7.5k as is now, you'll be looking at $20k to start again. It doesn't matter if they total it or not. If they give you a check for $7k to fix it, you could always sell the car without fixing it and add it all towards a new car.

I choose options 1 & 2.

Good Luck!
    magnus you have a very good point. if they dont total it, im obviously gonna fix it. I dont think i can get more then 5k for the car as is. what do you guys think? if they do total it its great for me. i dont think id be looking to part it out, it would be a same for a low millage car. ill just sell it as is or maybe do my own thing to the car and buy a second one. if it was totaled i am in no way thiniking of fixing the car to sell it. it would be just a waste of my time and money. thanks guys.

new question: what would this car be worth the way it is with and without a clean title?

Leave a comment:

• BijanH(do not do business with me)
    replied
    When my car was hit, the insurance company was only asking $500 for it. Its roof was torn off, and it was pretty badly hit, but parting it out I expect parts on it to be worth $4-6k.

Leave a comment:

• Magnus
    replied
    Option 1.
    My guess is that if they total it and give you (let's say) $14K, you buy it back off them for $1.5K, fix it for $7k and have $5.5k in mod money.

Option 2.
    The only other option is if they don't total it. You would just simply have it fixed... You might feel ackward thinking about driving something that was crashed, but once it's done you will see how perfect it will continue to be.

Option 3.
    Look, if you don't want it anymore then sell it, don't do the work. If it costs you 7 grand to fix it and you can then sell it for $12.5, why don't you just sell it now and let someone else breath life back into her. They may be able to do the work themselves or at least know someone who can do it for them at a good rate. If it causes you that much grief then let someone else over see it's rebirth. Why stress youurself out when you are going to get rid of it. Again, if insurance gives you (let's say) $14k totalled, you buy it back off them for $1.5K and you can sell your car as is for $7.5k as is now, you'll be looking at $20k to start again. It doesn't matter if they total it or not. If they give you a check for $7k to fix it, you could always sell the car without fixing it and add it all towards a new car.

I choose options 1 & 2.

Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• mrsha007
    replied
    i dont know what they are deciding, they havent called me back yet... :-/

Leave a comment:

• wookie1976
    replied
    If it was fixed with new BMW parts by a good shop, I think that 100% of regular value would be ok. My only worry would be if the sub-frame has any substantial and permanent dammage. Then it would be anybodys guess as to the deduction on the value.
    My 2 cents
    Did the insurance decide that it wasn't a salvage afterall?

Leave a comment:

• mrsha007
    started a topic how much could you

how much could you

how much could you sell an e30 if it was fixed after taking a hit like mine took. it would have a clean title and 84k on the clock. what do you guys think...?
Working...
X