Check out these vids of an Evo II DTM car on a hillclimb:

http://home.attbi.com/~barryrobinson12/MEISEL1.mpeg
    http://home.attbi.com/~barryrobinson12/MEISEL3.mpeg

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
    85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
    91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

i have seen a few evo's out in the states, but the evo ones, not the two. they are badass...
      "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
      "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
      onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

Im sure many people know this, but others may find the information useful. There is a comparison article at motoyen.com of the E30 M3, Audi Quattro, and 190E 16v. I think the third car was a quattro, it could have been something else, and Im not sure if the merc was an evo model. It did have one of those badass 2 foot wings on the back.

Anyway, it was a good article. I think it broke down the cars and showed each car had its strengths and weaknesses.

Comment

Originally posted by BijanH
          Im sure many people know this, but others may find the information useful. There is a comparison article at motoyen.com of the E30 M3, Audi Quattro, and 190E 16v. I think the third car was a quattro, it could have been something else, and Im not sure if the merc was an evo model. It did have one of those badass 2 foot wings on the back.

Anyway, it was a good article. I think it broke down the cars and showed each car had its strengths and weaknesses.
          yes, i've read that article before. Unfortunately it compares the Sport Evo M3 and the Evo II 190 and not the 2.3_16 and standard M3. It does however show that the evo 190 comes up short against the sport evo M3 and audi. There's another article that compares the standard M3 to the 2.3_16 and Ford Sierra Cosworth and again the M3 and Ford reign supreme over the Merc if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Reelizmpro
            There's another article that compares the standard M3 to the 2.3_16 and Ford Sierra Cosworth and again the M3 and Ford reign supreme over the Merc if I'm not mistaken.
            Yeah, but this time I believe the Ford Cosworth won the overall comparison shootout. Although *i believe* one of the editors vouched personally for the M3.

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
            97 Porsche Carrera S
            13 Audi S6
            SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
            GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

the m3 was not in good condition in that test if i remember correctly. dont take my word for it though, that is just what i remember.

looks better than it runs :/

Comment

Oh yes, I knew I had a the cosworth in my mind for some reason. I wasnt sure if the 3rd car was an audi or cosworth, I guess the cosworth was in a different comparo completely.

I am actually looking at getting a 190E 16v as a daily driver. There is one for sale near me with a nice AMG body kit and some other parts. Look on auto trader for it if you like. area code 55340.

Im currently researching the cars, because Im not sure a high mileage 190 could be as tight as a high mileage M3. This car has 150k, my m3 has 112k. The daily driver would have to be reliable.

Whats great is that I could throw this 190 off to my brother within the next year if I get sick of it. He likes old mercs, and wants a "mafia looking" car. He isnt in the slight bit interested in sporty cars though. A short ride in my M3 and he almost got sick, haha! I will see what I can do to change this.
                Last edited by BijanH(do not do business with me); 04-03-2003, 12:23 PM.

Comment

It appears that I give the wrong hp figures..Here are official 190e performance figures:

190E 2.3-16V(US w/cat) 167hp
                  190E 2.3-16V(Euro w/o cat) 182hp
                  190E 2.3-16V(Euro w/cat) 177hp
                  190E 2.5-16V(w/cat) 192hp
                  190E 2.5-16V(w/ocat) 201hp
                  190E 2.5-16V EVO I 192hp
                  190E 2.5-16V EVO II 232hp
                  190E 2.6 158hp

The cars are weaker than I originally thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Reelizmpro
                    It appears that I give the wrong hp figures..Here are official 190e performance figures:

190E 2.3-16V(US w/cat) 167hp
                    190E 2.3-16V(Euro w/o cat) 182hp
                    190E 2.3-16V(Euro w/cat) 177hp
                    190E 2.5-16V(w/cat) 192hp
                    190E 2.5-16V(w/ocat) 201hp
                    190E 2.5-16V EVO I 192hp
                    190E 2.5-16V EVO II 232hp
                    190E 2.6 158hp

The cars are weaker than I originally thought.
                    The 190e-16v sucks. I've driven a few of them, both stock and lightly modded. They are garbage. I used to have a customer with one a few years back. With its hefty 3000 lb weight and numb RB steering rack its just a poser car with a badge. It does have hertitage on the track, too bad almost none of it got directly transferred over to the street car like the e30 m3.

The fact that Mercedes didn't even design the engine says a lot about the car and Mercedes itself. It had a Cosworth designed head with the stock 2.3 Benz bottom end. It put out a shitty 167 in US form and had a horrible dogleg 5 speed that is pretty rough and not too accurate.

The latter version like the Evo/EvoII where better, but they never came to NA, and even then they will NEVER come close to an e30 m3. In fact I think almost NO car has that stigma of racing like an e30 m3.

Sorry Shahe I know you like those old school Benz's. But I just had to give my .02 cents.
                    95' Avus Blue M3

06' Black Cayman S

07' Raven Black Escalade

Member of the Amber Corner Club

Comment

ara, i agree. i never said the evo/evo ii was better, but it is very respectable, especially the evo II benz. However the fact that i do own an e30 m3 should tell alot about which car i find better. BTW, although no evo/II was imported state side, there are a bunch over here. which is odd if you think about it. why wouldnt someone import a sport evo over the 16v evo's. who knows. i dont know if i would invest anytime in looking for one, although i am a benz guy this car isnt as special to me as the e30 m3. id much rather invest that type of money in a sport evo or one of the special edition evo's.

later
                      shahe - who respects all old school cars.
                      "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
                      "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
                      onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

Go to www.mcp-motorsport.com & click on current stock he has a 190 evoII & an Alpina b6 3.5s for sale.
                        www.bayareamotorsport.com/gary

Comment

Working...
                        X