Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFTER 10 MONTHS!! I got my license back!!! *Announcement* For all interested.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFTER 10 MONTHS!! I got my license back!!! *Announcement* For all interested.

Well, guys. As some of you know, I have been w/o a drivers license since May of last year. That is part of the reason that I kinda disappeared from the scene. I havent been going to too many events, either. Seeing everyone else caravanning and enjoying their cars was just too much torture for me to go. It was VERY hard to handle. Lets not even speak when there was another S14 around. I didnt look at my car in the garage unless I was starting it up to let the engine stretch out, or showing someone who wanted to see it, and that was hard. Its gained some goodies in its absence. I have gotten the valve cover, strut bar, and plenum powdercoated in Diamondblack-metallic, as it was'nt looking good since the black areas were peeling and chipping. Now it actually looks as good under the hood as it does out. It looks like a tweeked engine now, lol. I installed the Gruppe A CF mirrors. (Not authentic Gruppe A's like Alex's, though, as some assume.) Today (4-1-03)I dropped off the car to go get the goodies that have been sitting in my garage for 6 months waiting to go get installed. All this just in time for Bimmerfest West '03. These goodies consist of:

*Supersprint center resonator
    *Gruppe A 2-piece header
    *Bigger AFM (until the Gruppe A)
    *Tri-Flo exhaust (until I sell it and get an Eisenmann)

Next on my list is re-upholstering my interior as that is the weakest point of the car. The seats are horrible and it really takes away from the look. Thats the only part of the interior that needs fixing. In the near future I am getting the CF Evo 3 splitter to complete the CF trim on the exterior of the car (CF Evo 3 rear and CF Gruppe A style mirrors). Any opinions? Im sorry for using the same old pictures of my car as I havent taken any recent ones due to my license. But I will take many at Bimmerfest, guys. You'll all see and hear more from me as I am back driving and dont have to deprive myself of this craziness. I have really learned a LOT from this time without my license. It has affected every single aspect of my life for the worse. I was back to being 15 yrs. old and bumming rides. Now I am so paranoid that I drive like a complete square. Anyways, I am sorry if I sound boring or self-centered by posting this, but I wanted to let my homies on this board know that I am back, and Im happy about it. Be safe, fellas. Driving really IS a privilege.

Welcome back! I know exactly how you feel. I get my license back in July. Sucks so bad to see others mod their cars while yours just sits there. Can't wait to see pics with all the new mods done!

Comment

congrats! I can't imagine going that long without a license.
      You should start doing driver's schools or autoxs to let the M3 loose!

Han <-- been taking the subway to work for the last 3 weeks
      -Han

Comment

Originally posted by H a n

You should start doing driver's schools or autoxs to let the M3 loose!

Been wanting to do that for so long.

Comment

Congratulations,
          Now lets not do anything stupid and keep it so you cam come to one of the esat coast gatherings.

Comment

I feel you, I just got mine back in mid march after losing it last may aswell. GLAD you got it back, I cant stand seeing anyone being tortured from not being able to drive. SR22 is a bitch, damn ///M3 :sosad:

Comment

If I may ask, what did several of your guys lose
              the license for? doing 120 mph in a 30?

John

Comment

Close 108 in a 50, 97 in a 55 ( showed it got dropped and still didnt help me) and the icing on the cake was a 54 in a 35.

Comment

Originally posted by John
                  If I may ask, what did several of your guys lose
                  the license for? doing 120 mph in a 30?

John
                  well, it was a combination of points, and a certain 2-point violation that I am so ashamed of, I hate telling people. But I gotta face the music. DUI. .09 BAC (legal limit is .08)

Comment

Working...
                  X