drive shaft problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drive shaft problems

2 weeks ago my shifter started buzzing. now its a cluncking between gears. i jacked up the car and saw that between the trans and drive shaft there is a lot of play. i was talking to a friend and he said that there is a bushing that goes between there that usually goes bad. all there i saw under there are 2 prongs coming off the drive shaft toward the trans and another set of prongs going toward the drive shaft. what the hell fell out?? and also a part # too?? is it hard to do??

thanks
    kramer
    I miss my ///M3

Sounds like you 86'd your guibo...
    Its the rubber isolator that goes between the driveshaft and the trans.

Thats a picture from Turner Motorsport. They have em for about $85.00
    Easy to install

Comment

you can get them for a lot cheaper then that. check bimmerworld.com

also get the e34 m5 guibo if your making a lot of hp.
      Old School

Comment

I agree, there is cheaper replacements. You can also try www.alloembmwparts.com
        54.68 for stock, 84.26 for M5
        Free shipping, usually no tax either

I also reccomend the M5 guibo since its stronger

Figured you just wanted a place to start.
        Last edited by wookie1976; 04-02-2003, 10:47 AM.

Comment

i understand how that works. i guess those prongs are the universal. i dont understand how that keeps them together. does anyone have any pics of the shaft? that might help

thanks
          kramer
          I miss my ///M3

Comment

ok i jacked up the car again last night to really look it over. its definately the guibo. the play in the drive shaft is the 3 bolts hitting eachother, which is the only reason why my car can drive now and the center bearing is holding the shaft align. the bolts holding are basically flat now from banging together. looks like i think i need the shaft coming out of the tranny.

kramer
            I miss my ///M3

Comment

I went with the M5 guibo it's a little thicker and stronger than stock, Eurasian (800)824-8814 sells them for around $50.00

Rich

Comment

Working...
              X