Just a few weeks away... a quick update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a few weeks away... a quick update

After a long winter of waiting, I made the journey to JK Technologies to drop off a newly purchased hardtop from Bob Shumaker (found through the www.roadfly.com - parts classifieds). As luck would have it, the hardtop was in Maryland less than 30 minutes from JK.

The car is now physically complete. The speedometer, side marker lights, and rear brake light are in place! The photos for US DOT have been submitted leaving the installation of a new catalytic converter and muffler which will hopefully ensure the car passes US EPA testing (this week) with flying colors. Hopefully, I'll have the car just in time for the beautiful spring weather!

The hardtop:

The sidemarker lights:

The new MPH Speedometer:

The rear brakelight:
    1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
    1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
    1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

The first pic scared the pOoP out of me.

So when does it become legal, estimation.....

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

I guess anybody's guess is as good as mine. From the time the US DOT photos and the EPA Test results are submitted, the agencies have 30 /15 days respectively to answer. So I guess from this period forward, the maxiumum would be about a month. (Of course, reality is something completely different.) :cool:

On a side note, Magnus did you buy your car from a guy named Jack in Chicago? Just bought the Performance BMW magazine and it sparked the question based on miles and suspension that the car had when you bought it. :idea:
      1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
      1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
      1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

Working...
      X