Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sparkplug type and gap?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sparkplug type and gap?

    What are you guys running for plugs and what kind of gap are you runinng with a stock set up.

  • #2
    http://www.s14.net/forums/search.php
    http://www.s14.net/forums/search.php

    Comment


    • #3
      Practice what you preach. Try a search on the topic and see what useful information comes up. NONE. But thanks for your help that was really worth the time to read.

      Comment


      • #4
        XR4CS, stock gap.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kmicinski
          Practice what you preach. Try a search on the topic and see what useful information comes up. NONE. But thanks for your help that was really worth the time to read.
          just because you don't know how to use a tool doesn't mean it's broken, when doing a search you have to look at various combinations:

          spark plug

          sparkplug

          spark

          plug

          I just did a search and came up with all kinds of info, so you look kind of silly to me :p



          new people who keep asking the same old questions over and over again tend to be looked upon as more useless than those which remind you to do your own homework first ,so nobody is trying to be rude to you but rather we're asking you not to clog up the posting queue with rehash after rehash of the same old basic stuff

          BTW, I'm willing to bet you didn't read the FAQ link at the top of the page either :idea:
          Last edited by TeamM3; 08-28-2004, 06:21 AM.
          A friend will come bail you out of jail, but a TRUE friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "Dude, that was focking awesome!"

          Comment


          • #6
            I've heard .28"(???) for the gap... i think thats the number....Magnus will have to refresh my memory...he had a very reliable source

            Comment


            • #7
              i hope it's .28 adam, that's where I gap mine.

              I've read that too

              dave

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm running Bosch XR4CS gapped at 0.28".

                - Matt

                Comment


                • #9
                  Spark Plug Gapping:
                  http://www.s14.net/forums/search.php...der=descending

                  The search function can return dumb values, but if you refine you search by either expanding the search words, or trying new terms, you will eventually find your answer.
                  Last edited by Searchy!; 08-28-2004, 07:52 AM.
                  http://www.s14.net/forums/search.php

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mpwolf
                    I'm running Bosch XR4CS gapped at 0.28".

                    - Matt
                    I hope you meant 0.028"

                    1/4"+ is a bit wide :p
                    A friend will come bail you out of jail, but a TRUE friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "Dude, that was focking awesome!"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TeamM3
                      I hope you meant 0.028"

                      1/4"+ is a bit wide :p
                      They could be running magnetos......

                      T

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TeamM3
                        I hope you meant 0.028"

                        1/4"+ is a bit wide :p
                        Doh, stupid decimal! Yes, .028, .28 would be one hell of a gap.

                        - Matt

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          yeah whatever smarty pants...got an extra 5 minutes? go change your wheels :p

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks for proving my point. You both clearly stated you must refine your search and try different thing's and EVENTUALLY you will find your answer. I don't have 3 hours to try and find out a very simple answer wich was not hard to supply.I clearly stated what my post was about in the title. If you don't want to help or don't care about it don't read it. Thank you for everyone's help who actually answered my question. Now my next question is where do I get these BOSCH plug's at because all of my local part's stores couldn't even find a Bosch plug listed for my car. They couldn't even get the current Bosch plug I was using and it wasn't the XR4CS. I ended up getting a Champion just because it was all I could get.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by kmicinski
                              Thanks for proving my point. You both clearly stated you must refine your search and try different thing's and EVENTUALLY you will find your answer. I don't have 3 hours to try and find out a very simple answer wich was not hard to supply.I clearly stated what my post was about in the title. If you don't want to help or don't care about it don't read it. Thank you for everyone's help who actually answered my question. Now my next question is where do I get these BOSCH plug's at because all of my local part's stores couldn't even find a Bosch plug listed for my car. They couldn't even get the current Bosch plug I was using and it wasn't the XR4CS. I ended up getting a Champion just because it was all I could get.
                              First off, relax. Secondly, try searching the SIG archives, you'll find your answer pretty quickly. Finally, I got my XR4CS from Steve at Ultimate Garage, but unless you're tracking your car, I believe the recommended plug is the Bosch X5DC. Regardless, you're probably not going to find the right plugs at a normal parts store, although you might find them at a motorcycle shop. Most of the online suppliers have them for a pretty good price too.

                              - Matt

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X