WBO2 and tuning ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBO2 and tuning ?'s

Well, I went out on a limb and got the zietronix zt-2 with display from www.wires4cars.com got a good deal, easy set up.

The display is great. I learned alot about tuning in 30 min of driving! If you have the Maxx setup or any other kind of afm delet then this is a must. I found SO much torque! a friend who had not riden in my car in a while swore I put a m50 in it.

Now, my question. when the temp is under 97 degrees or so my throttle response is great just off throttle, but when it gets to 105 or so it's awful. do you fellas load diffrent maps or just deal with it?
    When I auto-x I loaded a slightly leaner map for my afternoon runs.

have I just not spent enough time tuning the idle and off throttle response in the heat or is that just the only draw back to the maxx?

Thanks

It sounds like your coolant-temp correction maps (fuel and ignition) need adjusted.
    Steve
    Scottish Cecotto

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM
      It sounds like your coolant-temp correction maps (fuel and ignition) need adjusted.
      Not coolant as much as intake air temps. I don't think any of the piggy backs have the ability to alter any of these tables/maps.

T

Comment

Oops, sorry - I thought 97c not fahrenheit!
        Steve
        Scottish Cecotto

Comment

My MBE system has air temp correction graphs for both ignition and fuel. I don't have one handy to check, but I'm sure fuel slowly increases with temp, and ignition uses less advance as heat increases.
          Steve
          Scottish Cecotto

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM
            My MBE system has air temp correction graphs for both ignition and fuel. I don't have one handy to check, but I'm sure fuel slowly increases with temp, and ignition uses less advance as heat increases.
            That's a standalone [MBE] isn't it?

Here is what the LENZ corrects for tempuratures and fueling:

T

Comment

I'm running the Maxx piggyback and have not found something to adjust for different temps.

But what I have noticed is with the ac on it runs a little richer. I turn the ac off the problem almost goes away. So for summer time, with ac, I may have to run a diffrent map than without ac.

Comment

Working...
              X