Header stud help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header stud help

I'm doing a little spring cleaning to the old M3 and right now I've run into a little trouble.

I'm replacing all 16 header studs on the car and I've gotten them all out pretty easily, a few nuts were missing, but no borken studs (yet)! You know, preventative maintenance.

Anyway, I bought all new studs, put some blue loctite on them and and threaded them into the head about as far as the stock studs were in. Then about 6 hours later I tried to put on the factory nuts, nope, not happening. The studs are just spinning into the head even further when I try to tighten the nuts. I didn't touch any of them today, figured I'd let the loctite sit for a while. So, I put them in on saturday, tried saturday afternoon and it seemed like a lost cause.

Am I doing something wrong here? How long does the loctite take to dry? When it is dry in there will that prevent the stud from spinning with the nut when I tighten it? Please help. I've been casually working on the motor for about two weeks and everything else is finished, now I have this problem.
Working...
X