Finally did some more work to the Garage Rat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally did some more work to the Garage Rat

Yesterday i spent the day in the garage getting the RAT ready...

-I Removed the AC System(at least 30 lbs).....all but the cooler(whatever you call the thing that looks like and oil cooler)...anyone know how to remove that and still mount the elec fan?

-I swapped out my H&R sport rear springs for H&R Race...that only took 10 minutes(dont need a spring compressor)...damn...these are gonna be much lower than the H&R Sports...and i took the lower spring pad out...the race springs actually dont even touch the spring pads when teh suspension is extended....the sports where still pretty compressed...found a broken sway bar/trailing arm mount...i really need to stop breaking those/get it repaired right this time.

-I removed all the brakes for powdercoating and rebuilding....

-Spent about an hour cleaning the engine bay....it cleans up pretty decent for a POS...i only cleaned the bay/frame itself...need to touch up a few spots with paint....anyone know any really strong cleaner that will remove 15 years of built up gunk?

-Removed the radiator and bumper...just for more room...

Thats about it...just a heads up on the progress... Its pretty ready now for everything just to be bolted up once i get it all the parts...

Ill try and get some pics tonight...

ADA///M

Re: Finally did some more work to the Garage Rat

Originally posted by ADA///M
    Yesterday i spent the day in the garage getting the RAT ready...

-I Removed the AC System(at least 30 lbs).....all but the cooler(whatever you call the thing that looks like and oil cooler)...anyone know how to remove that and still mount the elec fan?

ADA///M
    You need 2 brackets. Not very expensive. I have the part numbers at home for all the required hardware. I can post it later.

/// M3NTAL Kev

Comment

Re: Re: Finally did some more work to the Garage Rat

Originally posted by M3NTAL Kev
      You need 2 brackets. Not very expensive. I have the part numbers at home for all the required hardware. I can post it later.
      Great....thanks a lot...post em whenever you get a chance...

THANKS,
      ADA///M

Comment

what exactly is going on with your car. I don't remember the story

Dave

Comment

A whole lot...

Well the head is warped....so i had to take that off and have the head resurfaced, so i figured while im at it why not:

Get a stage 2 head rebuild from McHenry
          E3 Springs
          E3 Intake E2 Exhaust Cams
          Silicone Hoses
          CR Dogleg tranny
          8lb Flywheel
          Sport Clutch

H&R Race springs
          18" Rims
          Rebuild and Powdercoat brakes
          Powdercoat valve cover and plenum and other engine pieces
          Remove A/C
          Thouroughly Clean engine Bay...or try to...

Replace many other parts along the way that probably need to be replaced anyway....

Thatsall i can think of...
          ADA///M

After all this then A-N Setup

Comment

that sounds pretty sweet. Your car is going to rip. I just put 276/264 cams in my car. Hopefully I'll be putting in an 8lb flywheel this summer. We'll see though, I somehow always seem to be out of money. When do you think it will be completed?

Comment

NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
              Old School

Comment

All Depends on how fast McHenry gets me the cylinder head back....

After that it should only take me a week or so to put it all together and finish everything up.

So I'm shooting for this time next month...WOOOWOOOO

Comment

Shouldn't be more than 2-3 weeks to turn her around once we receive the head, we're not terribly booked up at the moment. And FYI, the cooler looking thing is called the condensor
                  Alex McHenry

Comment

Originally posted by AlexMc
                    Shouldn't be more than 2-3 weeks to turn her around once we receive the head, we're not terribly booked up at the moment. And FYI, the cooler looking thing is called the condensor
                    HAHA...i should know that based on teh fact that I'm a Mechanical Engineer and studied that shit for years...oh well...what can i say..i was just checking teh specs on teh endline rotor-gerter....IM RETARDED.

Comment

part #

Did anyone get the part # for the brackets to remove the condenser yet?

Comment

UPDATED PICTURES OF THE WORK SO FAR...

See if you can find the MOD....its pretty hard...so look closely...winner gets a prize....

Pic from Day one around 9/02

Pic from Day ? on 4/13/03

Pic of race spring...notice the gap to the top of the spring perch....with the sports the spring made contact with both the top and bottom perches and was actually still compressed after removing the shock....the race spring barely touches the top and bottom perches at the same time...

And heres the Garage...

Thats all for now im tired of uploading

Comment

Close quarters in there! When are you showing pics of the new rimmies?
                          Alex McHenry

Comment

Originally posted by AlexMc
                            Close quarters in there! When are you showing pics of the new rimmies?
                            Soon...soon...i have yet to actually go pay for them and pick them up...if not late this week...then after the 25th(when i return from MIAMI wooowoooo)

ADA///M

Anyone gonna guess on the mod I did???

Comment

Can I have a hint in which area it is in? Is it in the garage, engine bay...

I'll take some guesses How about the K-mac camber plates, spacers on your wall, the cool M1 poster, maybe the California water blade? I definately like the AFM + Plenum + Head + header delete mod. That must save a ton of weight!
                              Bryan K.
                              Texas A&M Formula SAE

Comment

Working...
                              X