No announcement yet.

Another one bites the dust...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... but 2 bikers came off. With the oil mixed in it would make the traction almost 0%.
    Reminds me of turn 6 at Blackhawk Farms when I raced AMA motorcycles. During practice I was approaching the turn and had just started to lean into it and apply front brake and the bike disappeared from underneath me. It turns out a rider had crashed the day before and left coolant on the track. They must not have gotten the patch of coolant right at my brake point. Coolant on a track is very dangerous.

Kev....glad you are physically okay. Hope the car is repairable???

Damon in STL
    Damon in STL
    '99 e39 540 Sport 6spd (DD), '88 e30 M3 - GTS2 #72 - Motorcraft Ignition, Volvo Injectors, Thrush Turbo Muffler, Open Source ECU, Aerospace Connectors, Lowes' Polycarbonate, Alumacore Front Splitter and Rear Diffuser, Racer's Tape.

Comment

Glad to hear you are ok

Glad to hear you are ok, sorry to hear about the car.

Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

Comment

Oh man! I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I was hoping to be optimistic about the car but it looks bad. Hopefully all of the parts can be salvaged, including the CF intake.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
        85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
        91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

damn kev, sorry to hear about that :sosad:

Comment

eeek. the last few weeks have been hell for E30 M3 owners!!

sorry to hear that kevin, but as been said, at least it wasnt some dumbass rear ending or t-boning you, it was at the track!! hopefully you will have some optimism when you post next! good luck man!
            1990 M3/1998 M3 Sedan

Comment

Holly shit Kev, sorry to hear that man.:cry:

Comment

:sosad:

I'm observing a moment of silence for the M.

Comment

Sorry to hear the bad news Kev :sosad:
                  Don McAdams
                  1988 E30 M3
                  "E30 M3 Owner & Enthusiast"

www.McAdamsAutoSport.com

Comment

Thanks for the support guys.

The soreness and stiffness is gone now, and the reality of a wrecked M3 is ahead of me.

Later this week, I will start the long process of stripping down the shell to guage the damage. I imagine that's not going to be too much fun.

My shell was in need of paint and body work and I was planning on rebuilding the cage (DTM spec). That alone would have cost a few bucks and had the car off the road for a considerable amount of time. In this situation the car is forced off the road and I have time to ponder and plan my moves. One advantage I have now is that I know what works and I know what I want. When I started to build my M3 a few years ago, I wasn't sure where I fit in; now I know that the M3 and I belong on the track.

I'm still unsure whether or not I will be rebuilding this M3 or starting with a new shell. I am sure that the frame is seriously bent at both the front and rear of the car so I am leaning towards getting another shell. The cost of repairing would likely be similar to purchasing another M3. With another M3 I could be in a situation where I have a spare drivetrain and have made a few dollars back in parting out the unnecessary bits (interior etc.)

I'm trying to view this as an opportunity to build the race chassis I've always wanted and I think in the last 4 days I've gained a more mature perspective on the situation. I will still very much be a part of this board, and in fact anticipate that I will be asking many questions along the way.

Below are a few pictures. I ask that you not link to them or distribute them.

/// M3NTAL Kev

Comment

Looks like the chassis could be saved, but its definitely swayed over hard.

At least you came out 100% besides some bruises and soreness.

Did the engine take any serious hits? It looks like the rad. support got pretty heavily tweaked from that front shot.

You've got the right outlook, this gives you time to plan without the stress of having the car "down"....

Best of luck, and keep us posted.
                      Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

:sosad: :sosad:

Best of luck with the rebuild.

Dave

Comment

fix er up, the rear looks somewhat ok and now you have an excuse to go club racing

Shes sold now :(

Comment

Ouch, this is really sad news. I like your attitude though and your plans. Thanks for sharing this with us, we really are brothers in arms here. Look forward to seeing what you put together.
                            "E30 M3 . . . it's the perfect toy for an upscale closet wild man." Car and Driver, 1988 M3 Road Test

Comment

ouch. but, i bet it could be saved.

fyi, this car was turned into a club racer:

-Han

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
                                Looks like the chassis could be saved, but its definitely swayed over hard.

At least you came out 100% besides some bruises and soreness.

Did the engine take any serious hits? It looks like the rad. support got pretty heavily tweaked from that front shot.

You've got the right outlook, this gives you time to plan without the stress of having the car "down"....

Best of luck, and keep us posted.
                                Where are you guys getting the pictures to look at ? I can't see any of Kev's but I can see the one "H a n" posted.

Kev, Glad your ok and it sounds as if you are starting to get it all back in perspective.
                                Kevin
                                Cecotto/Ravaglia Register.

Comment

Working...
                                X