Out of state purchase in California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

however

if you have the car longer than 3 months it does not matter, they can't gat you for that and if not it always depends how much you have on the "Bill of Sale" or in other words how much you paid in reality or in DMV reality.... Got that hint? Just don't make it look too low ($ 10) wont work! Maybe, if you bought the car from a dealer it needs to change hands in TX one more time to fix the TAX issue halfway legal....
    GG

...aerodynamics is for people....
    that can't build engines.....

Comment

Yeah, there was no penalty. I just had to pay the taxes. I'm going back tomorrow. Hopefully everything will be OK.

Comment

Re: CA import

Originally posted by GGranello
        Welcome to Califonia - that is what the DMV lady said to me after taking a 990 $ Check for one car..........
        Ha, ha, you tax rookies. I paid 20.6% + $100 in tax when I brought my M1 into British Columbia, Canada. Oh, wait... why am I laughing?

Dean

Comment

Tax for out-of-state purchase?

Originally posted by E30M3J
          Yeah, there was no penalty. I just had to pay the taxes. I'm going back tomorrow. Hopefully everything will be OK.
          Same crap! Paying Tax IS always has been and always will be a panalty.

Comment

I got my plates and everything went as smooth as can be. Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
            X