problem with rear shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with rear shock

My car has adjustable spax shocks on the rear fitted by one of the previous owners, anyways i was exprimenting with the adjusting of them because when cornering very hard the car seemed to unbalance a little when coming out of the corner.

they are menat to be 14 point adjustable and click everytime they reach a point. one of them just keeps going ie goes more than 14 clicks and doesn't click anymore. this means i can't adjust it to exactly the same as the other rear one as i have no point of reference to which to adjust it to.

I am thinking of replacing both of the rear ones and wanted to know whether they would have to be the same make as the front ones. I don't know what make the front ones are at the moment. I was thinking about bilsteins (keeping standard springs) as these seems to be popular.

thanks for any suggestions.

find out whats up front...they dont need to be the same, but its probably a good idea

Comment

The damper is FUBAR.
      I would switch to a quality Dutch or German brand.
      Spax and AVO dampers don't last long in the real world and will not tolerate bottoming out at all.
      m.

Comment

i thought as much. thanks mark. will have to do some research on what use as a replacements!

Comment

Working...
        X