Anyone tried these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried these?

The coilover conversion spring kits from Bimmerworld?

Any pros and cons?

i want a stiffer setup but my waller cries out value.

http://www.bimmerworld.com/onlinestoreframe.html

Thanks
    - Ara
    -Ara

DEATH TO GARAGE QUEENS

That is the GC stuff. If you want to spend less money for a coil over set up why not buy the Ireland set up??

Jordaan
    "Never lift"

Comment

go on go on....im listening

any pros cons??
      -Ara

DEATH TO GARAGE QUEENS

Comment

I am currently converting my struts to height adjustable
        I have used some really cheap stuff but you can buy the parts from KONI.
        I use 2.25" springs 5"long with 450lbs (not quite sure yet)

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

https://secure9.nexternal.com/shared...p&CategoryID=3

Try this link. It is for e30 but I am sure they have it for the M3 as well. This sett up minus springs is 140. Springs are usually 100-125 for 2. So much cheaper than the GC stuff.

Jordan
          "Never lift"

Comment

try Faulkner Springs
            48 for a two springs 5" 450lbs including shipping in the UK (=$86)

Comment

for KW springs click here

KW USA click here

Comment

Uwe

Look at home there under your wheelarch
                Toby

E30 87 - S14 Turbo
                E34 90 - M5

New BMW & Mini OEM parts - www.bmminiparts.com

sigpic

Comment

Uwe.
                  Are you sure you want to use that short a front spring at that relatively low rate?
                  6"or 7" is usually what is applied for a 450 spring on the front.
                  Are the front Koni in a shortened strut housing?
                  Is the bump stop internal?
                  m.

Comment

I was a bit brave with the 5". I am having trouble to achive the ride height. I could do with a shorter Koni strut, but my current KONI's are not that old so I decided to try them first. If I keep the "long" strut I will need solid top mounts to gain some travel.
                    My home made adjustable mounts work very good, I have set them to the maximum camber possible and the difference is quite noticeable.
                    Mark why are you concered about the spring rate? This is what most of the people on this board use. I will need to fit a bumpstop asasp.

Comment

It is the short free length of the spring (very little travel) combined with the rate that may cause a pogo bouncing effect that the damper may or may not be able to control. I was concerned about frequent bottoming out.
                      I'd get some progressive bumpstops from Koni so you can use the kerbs on track days.
                      m.

Comment

I will get some 6" from KW. The springs currently fitted are 2.25"ID and I want to go for 2.5" to have more room for a proper bump stop. I was doing a few "laps" on a popular industrial estate yesterday. It is also used by a lot of bikes and I wasn't far of the speed of the bikes. Good fun, but ruins your front left tyre.

Comment

OK I need your 2 cents

Ok guys Ive decided to pass on this and just go with Ireland Engineerings Stage 3 springs instead....I chose this because I already have bilsteins on my car, and proly go in and have them re-valve it to stiffen those babies up to accomadate the stage 3 springs.

Ok guys what do you guys think of my decision? I am mainly doing this because I drive the car only 3 times a week now and I think with the extra cash I have left over I could get F/R bars and some bushings.

Thanks again , you guys are the best

- Ara
                          -Ara

DEATH TO GARAGE QUEENS

Comment

Originally posted by UweM3
                            I was doing a few "laps" on a popular industrial estate yesterday. It is also used by a lot of bikes and I wasn't far of the speed of the bikes. Good fun, but ruins your front left tyre. [/B]
                            I knew we could rely on you to find a low cost track day.
                            Kevin
                            Cecotto/Ravaglia Register.

Comment

Ara,

I have this set up. You will notice a great improvement with the springs. They work well with the stock bars. If you go to a larger bar the ride will get worse but the car is more flat. I actually think the IE bars are a bit to large, stiff for my tastes. I run them anyway as I got them for free. Jeff Ireland is a very good friend of mine so I got a nice hook up. Now this setup on the track is the best you can get with of the shelf bolt on components and still be streetable. I would say almost as good a JS setup but a little more compliant for the street.

My next set up will most likely be the LEDA stuff. I will try to make it work without a rear bar, or atleast a very small one.

Jordan
                              "Never lift"

Comment

Working...
                              X