new to the s14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the s14

i have an s14 im installing in an 02 chassis and am going thru it and resealing it and doing anything needed to it before i start the installation. im new to these motors and would like your advice on things i should look at. its a 1 owner 90k mile motor with zero track time so im hoping it will be a solid motor. can i do the front timing seal without removing the head? and also, what other items should i be looking at besides intake seals? thanks
    Lowest pricing on OE BMW and aftermarket World Pac parts
    www.Blunttech.com

There are tons of different views. 1 major thing that a lot of people do is replace the timing chain tensioner with that of an E36 tensioner. http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...D=11311405081. Another is the oil pan baffle. http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...UCT_ID=RE1471. Im sure other people can add to the list.

Comment

Blunt what happened to the M20 idea? This due to Dad's 325is taking a dump and you putting your engine into his?
      Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3
        Blunt what happened to the M20 idea? This due to Dad's 325is taking a dump and you putting your engine into his?
        i prolly wasnt real clear but i have a lot going on in the garage mahal. i took an m20 out of my buddies 325 and stuffed it in my dads e30 so i can do a twin cam conversion on my buddies e30.
        as soon as im done with this other twin cam im going to start fitting this s14 in the 02 shell. i hope to have it all restored by next summer.

ps any luck on that rear bumper yet?
        Last edited by bluntheadtrauma; 09-16-2004, 11:05 AM.
        www.Blunttech.com

Comment

I haven't been back to Das Fatherland in 12 days so no luck yet. I'm supposed to goto Sicily this weekend.
          Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3
            I haven't been back to Das Fatherland in 12 days so no luck yet. I'm supposed to goto Sicily this weekend.
            no sweat i have time. just let me know if you come across 1. thanks
            www.Blunttech.com

Comment

Hi Blunt finally you made it here, welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by vlad
                Hi Blunt finally you made it here, welcome!
                thanks vlad. since my e30 is done i needed another project. i virtually stole an s14 so i had to do something with it. hows cali and your new biz going?? you should drop in atrt sometime. guys would love to hear from you
                www.Blunttech.com

Comment

Working...
                X