Sonderserie '89 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonderserie '89 M3

I was just looking over my ETK CD-ROM and came across a reference to an M3 version/release (??) I hadn't heard of called "Sonderserie '89". For example, the flywheel that appeared on Euro cars begining 9/89 appeared on the "Sonderserie '89" from 4/89- 2/92.

Has anyone heard of the Sonderserie '89 version M3, or am I making something out of a byline in the ETK?

German for "Special series", possibly the Europa, Ceccoto, EVO's, etc..?

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

You're probably right, Magnus, as the April and February production dates aren't normal.

I remember on another board, a guy from France posted he had some M3 version and was looking for info. Turned out that it was some kind of obscure race-commemorative version. It had minor distinctions like a plaque and different tires, maybe different lights?

Anyway, maybe one of our European members could clear this up?

Comment

Yes, the Europa Meister, Cecotto and Ravaglia were special editions and came with signed plaque's.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Same idea, but it was a name I didn't recognize. It might've been named after a race vs a driver. It was over on roadfly and a lot of people called BS, but one or more persons eventually chimed in with verification. I'll try to find that thread and post it here.

Comment

Sonderserie 89 means the Cecotto Model
            the others are called E1 E2 E3
            the Europameister is not special listed because he don't have special parts inside

Markus

http://www.bmwm3shop.de

Comment

Working...
            X