What BMW's had the 25mm MC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What BMW's had the 25mm MC?

I'm looking at getting a 25mm master cylinder upgrade. I know that the E32 750 has the correct MC, but do any other BMW's use the same one? The BMW part number is 34 31 156 643. The search engine didn't turn up the answer.

I'm also wondering if a used MC is safe to use.

Thanks for reading.

Are you looking to go to a junkyard? WHy not just get the one you've mentioned new? You can use your bmwcca card # to get 15-20% off at the dealer. CIrclebmw, peterpan, etc?

http://e30m3performance.com/installs.../25mc/25mc.htm

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Just exploring my options. I plan on doing some work on the car over the holidays and trying to get a budget together.

Comment

I wonder if there is a larger MC that will fit our cars without any other modifications except something minor such as the brakelines.

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mous3
          I wonder if there is a larger MC that will fit our cars without any other modifications except something minor such as the brakelines.
          That is what they're talking about. http://www.apexengineering.com/catal...9858120edd2b19

It's a direct replacement that only needs new brake lines.
          "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

why are new lines needed? it doesnt just line up?

Shes sold now :(

Comment

Originally posted by vodomagoo
              why are new lines needed? it doesnt just line up?
              There are different-sized couplings (12mm and 10mm stock, while the 25mm MC uses 10mm on both ends). Gustave has a great write up on the whole thing:

25mm Master Cylinder Upgrade
              Jefrem Iwaniw

Comment

intresting, on my car it fit without changing the line this is def odd mabey since its a non m?????? also my rear line doesnt run directly to the abs pump mabey its that?

Comment

Larger than 25mm MC is what I would like.

Originally posted by AlpineRunner
                  That is what they're talking about. http://www.apexengineering.com/catal...9858120edd2b19

It's a direct replacement that only needs new brake lines.
                  I know that, but what I want to know is whether a larger than 25mm MC is available for our cars. When a BBK is installed, it is better to go with larger MC.

Comment

Re: Larger than 25mm MC is what I would like.

Originally posted by ///Mous3
                    I know that, but what I want to know is whether a larger than 25mm MC is available for our cars. When a BBK is installed, it is better to go with larger MC.
                    What makes you think you need larger than 25mm? Like many things, bigger isn't always better. I've run AP Racing CP5050 calipers very successfully with a fundamentally stock braking system with the 25mm Master and it works great.
                    Jefrem Iwaniw

Comment

Re: Re: Larger than 25mm MC is what I would like.

Originally posted by jefrem
                      What makes you think you need larger than 25mm? Like many things, bigger isn't always better. I've run AP Racing CP5050 calipers very successfully with a fundamentally stock braking system with the 25mm Master and it works great.
                      Wouldn't the BBK calipers need higher volume of brake fluid to push through the multiple cylinders?

I thought it is a must to increase the MC bore if one wants to maintain the brake pedal travel as stock. Isn’t that the ratio of total cross-sectional area of caliper pistons to that of MC is critical to maintain (or improve) the brake pedal “feel”, i.e., travel and amount of force require?

Comment

im running pbr alum 2 piston calipers off a cobra on my car and a 25mm master is more then enough it takes very little movement to brake hard now. another way to get what you can call feel is to dissconect the brake booster and manual brake it, if fells like less movement since its so hard to press almost everone i know running realy big calipers off a 25mm master take a look at tilton or ap custom brake pedal/mc combos for larger stuff

Comment

I went to the dealer to check on th MC. They want $396 for it, but I found an ATE MC for $146 on the internet.

FYI.

Comment

what was the site for the ATE MC you found on this "internet"......
                            1990 e30 m3

Comment

www.bimmerparts.com

Comment

Working...
                              X