Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know the M3 is a CLASSIC, when people ask if your car is brand new!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know the M3 is a CLASSIC, when people ask if your car is brand new!

I am bored, and just wanted to share a story on why I love this car so damn much to the level that I have become obsessive compulsive.

Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody friend/stranger asked you if your car was a brand new model???:p

This has happened to me quite a few times. The best was when I was driving my friend around to different dealerships when he was looking for a car. We went to some used car dealership, and the guy takes a close look at the car and tells me that he has never seen a BMW like it, and asks me if it is a brand new car! When I told him it was a 1990, you should of seen the funny look on his face, he couldn't believe it! That same day, we went to the Toyota dealership and got out of the car to look at a Celica, all the car salesman didn't even look at us and instead, they proceeded straight toward the E30M3 to check it out. How often does that happen with normal cars! :cool: A couple of my lady friends also have asked if the car was a recent model, but they couldn't tell the difference from a BMW and a Mercedes if the badges were missing, so they don't count.

Anyways, that is one of the many reasons why I love the E30 M3!!! It is definitely a Classic in my eyes

Plus, it's much more than just the car. It is about the E30 M3 community Long live the E30M3.

Last edited by SeattleE30///M3; 04-15-2003, 01:10 PM.

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
    97 Porsche Carrera S
    13 Audi S6
    SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
    GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Good story. I've only had homeless people ask me if my car was new. :idea:

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

I heard some guy phoned around BMW dealerships over here (UK) checking on prices for servicing before he bought his M3 and one of the guys he spoke to assured him that all BMW M3's were 6 cylinder!!! even when he mentioned it was an E30 he was talking about the guy still insisted that all M3's were 6 cyl. One good reason not to take you're car to a dealer me thinks.... Even their employees don't know what they are.

Comment

I've had that happen to me. I was taking pictures of my car and someone asked if this was a new BMW model.

Comment

Lets turn this into a thread about car salesmen that know nothing, and the stupid things they say.

I was at the local subaru dealer before I bought my car, checking out the then new WRXs. I had known quite a bit about the japanese versions that had been made for years before. The salesmen wouldnt leave me alone when I was just checking out the interior, like usual. He started talking about the car like he was reading off of cue cards.

He said it was a twin-turbo 4-cylinder. Therefore it was the same as a 6-cylinder.

1. It obviously is not a twin turbo

2. He had the misconception that more cylinders ALWAYS meant better. Somehow he thought a turbo'd 4-cylinder would equal a 6-cylinder. I dont know if he was talking power, or if he even understood the concept of a motor making power. hahhah

Needless to say he didnt sell a car to me that day.

Comment

Wow that shows the stupidity in most people. :p
            Bajin im sorta confused about that confusion part
            BWHAHA thats pretty sad.
            At first (like a couple months ago) i thought E30s were uglier then most E36s. But then i was in awe at how some of your E30s looked. I love E30s! They look like new :p
            Last edited by ///Milk; 04-15-2003, 06:50 PM.
            :mario:My name is Adam

Comment

Originally posted by BijanH
              He had the misconception that more cylinders ALWAYS meant better.
              That is the American Way!!!!
              Bigger the better. Right....?

Why drive an accord when you can drive a Crown Victoria... Right???:p

I don't get it either, it's totally an American infatuation.

Yup, many people even at BMW don't know squat about the E30M3. The best was when a BMW older gentleman working at the parts departmnet at the Bellevue dealership had a nice comment on my car. I proceeded to tell him what I had done to it. I told him I have a 2.5L, and then he told me with a intersting sort of arrogant look and says, "That's what I have in my 1990 325i.":rolleyes: I looked at him, decided to save my breadth, and I stopped talking at that point. I guess all 2.5L are the same too

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
              97 Porsche Carrera S
              13 Audi S6
              SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
              GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

Heh, I've had some people at a gas station come up to me and ask what kind of car it was and if it was brand new.

After some people see my car, they cannot believe it is a fifteen year old car. They say that the paint looks brand new (original).
                Bryan K.
                Texas A&M Formula SAE

Comment

Working...
                X