Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reccomend Tune-up and full Inspection in SF Bay Area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reccomend Tune-up and full Inspection in SF Bay Area?

I just purchased my first E30 M3 from New York, and will be shipped here in a few weeks. Can anyone in the SF Bay Area reccomend a good place to take the car to get a good inspection and tune-up?
    Things that are important to me:
    Cost Factor?
    Friendly Staff?
    Willing to fully explain proper maintenence with a first time owner?

Thanks!

btw this message board has the most supportive, informative, friendly people I have encountered in a long time! props!
    -Andre
    Last edited by Darkstar M3; 10-21-2004, 07:33 AM.
    -Andre- E30 M3 (My Dream Car) Sold, - Alpine E36 M3 RIP
    My Homepage

well these are the places I've taken my car to that I have had a good experience with
    Dinan in mountain view Expensive but firendly stafff and they are quite familiar w/ the car
    Bavarian Enterprises (408) 737-6100 205 E Washington Ave Sunnyvale, CA
    Less expensive just as nice and the mechanic there is familiar w/ the car
    Dynospot Racing in San jose. Super friendly the guy that owns the place has 2 or 3 of them.

Comment

Bill Arnold in San Rafael is the ONLY shop I would recommend.

Comment

this guy in the city with an s14 powerd 02
        and an s52 powered e30 m3.
        owns a shop on turk and polk, I will post the number.
        1989 M3 cinnabar red/black
        2001 540i 6 speed titanium silver/black

Comment

Thanks for the reccomendations! By any chance have you used any in the east bay?
          My Homepage

Comment

Originally posted by robotdre
            Thanks for the reccomendations! By any chance have you used any in the east bay?
            Bavarian Professionals in Berkeley of of Gilman..

Very expensive (Dealer prices on labor) but very thorough...

Comment

Dick Chiang at Dynospot racing is very good. that's where I take mine and he knows the cars very well; he has 2 of them himself. I hear Bill Arnold is good as well. but i live in the south bay, so its a bit closer to dynospot. where in the bay area do you live?

Comment

I live in hayward, but would be happy to travel to a respected mechanic who knows his stuff and has a fair price.
                My Homepage

Comment

You can not go wrong with either Dick or Bill... I have used them both. Bill is a dedicated BMW guru that specializes in E30 M3s (he races them as well as his wife Tammi). Dick knows his M3s as well but works on all performance cars from Audis, MBs etc....

I may actually see Bill and Tammi tomorrow @Sears Point... BMW Club race w/NASA people to...

Robert

Originally posted by robotdre
                  I live in hayward, but would be happy to travel to a respected mechanic who knows his stuff and has a fair price.

Comment

Wolfgangs Foreign Car service, they are good people, family ran business, they are located in Walnut Creek, they race old 2002s, they wont overcharge and they do very good work,

There phone number is 9259476848, they are in walnut creek which is about a 40 min from hayward, if you call ask for Fred or Wolfgang

Comment

Wolfgangs is good; i did a prepurchase inspection on an e30 325i i looked at awhile back.

The e30 m3 is a bit different though. A special car that should be worked on by someone who really knows it. and a lot of bmw shops dont know how to work on this car... for example, i take my e36 to palo alto bimmer, but i always take my e30 to DSR (if i dont do it myself).

so I'd highly recommend you go to Dick at DSR or Bill

Comment

Working...
                      X