Evo 3 oil squirter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evo 3 oil squirter question

I had an idea the other day. Does anybody know who makes the oil squirters for the Evo 3 motor? I know that you can buy them from motorsport imports but they are over a 1000 bucks. I saw an older article in European Car the other day and I read that the 2.0L VW engines during a few years had oil jets. Is there a chance that you could make them or anyothers work? Could save a few hundred bucks...
    What do you all think?

Did these come stock on EVO3? I ve seen pics and was wondering if I was to do a 2.5 would these be nessacary? They are damn expensive.

Comment

yep stock stuff there. You need the Evo 3 block to do it though. The price of a new 2.5 block -w- pistons is not too bad considering the machine work needed to get a 2.3 up to a 2.5 displacement. Plus (and I'm not 100% on this) the Evo 3 blocks are thicker in the water jacket region.

Comment

Squirters for Sale

Hey Wook,

I saw some on the UK BMW club site under parts...with a phot of them.

Spamdawg

Comment

Spamdawg
          I tried looking for the site you mentioned, but I had no luck. Can you post a link or address?
          Thanks for the help

Comment

You definitely need the E3 block, and it does NOT come with them when you buy it new. It is also unnecessary completely unless you're running an extremely high-strung track motor. We plugged them for a recented customer of ours.. you'd really have to be wasteful to spend $1g on those. The aluminum block M52's have them too but they are not compatible.
            Alex McHenry

Comment

Thanks AlexMc for the tip.

Hey you run a performance shop right?
              What do you charge for a stage 2 or 3 S14 head job? What does each come with? Do you use CNC machines for port/polish etc?
              You can email me if you feel more comfortable.
              [email protected]

Comment

UK Link for Squirters

Hey Wook,

They were somewhere in here...I saw them last week but did not ookmark it...I was just browsing...good luck!!!!

http://members.ebay.co.uk/aboutme/bmwcarclubgb

Spamdawg

Comment

I just received oil squirters for my 2.5 liter rebuild I am working on. Yes, looking at the little things and thinking what they cost, I may well be crazy. I kept telling myself that BMW must have included them on the EVO III for a reason, and I don't think it was marketing....

You would definitely need the EVO III block to use squirters unless someome very knowledgeable could do the machine work to make an attachment point over the oil passage.

I imagine that you could adapt other squirters to work, but I am not sure what would be involved. They are actually kind of intricate little things. They have a small spring loaded plunger and are very precisely located on the block with pins. It looks like the function of the plunger is to prevent the squirters from operating until oil pressure reaches a certain point. Why this is so, I have no idea.

I guess what I am saying, is that my impression based on initial appearances, is that it would be difficult to adapt other squirters to work.

It would however be very easy to use an EVO III block without squirters. All you would have to do is bolt on a small plate to cover the squirter mounting pads.

Hope some of this helps....

Comment

think homologation here

Swquirters are on the sport Evo probably because of the homologatio rules.

Squirters are used to keep piston temps under control under high heat and loading situations.

Obviously a DTM stressed engine would benefit from this. Will your street engine benefit? not really.

Now if you race IP enduros then you may want to invest in these.

Otherwise, it's all fluff.

Eric

Comment

Working...
                    X