• e30sd
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Bo
    Chalk up another "proper" gearbox!
    does someone want to buy me a dogleg box? :jedi:

Leave a comment:

• lance
    replied
    One of the reasons we are seeing a growth in small car manufacturers in the uk is because most people have now realised that makers of "Sports" cars, actually make pimpy toss wagons. Top Gear (tv programme) has really exposed how feeble most of these great makes are on track, with the best times being set by the Radical and Westfield (hardly mainstreamem car builders)

I have to admit that if I were to change my m3 I would probably buy something like the radical or Westfield and just have a barge for towing/familiy duties. Purchasing something modern to use as a track car would mean sinking pots of cash into it just to make it work.

Leave a comment:

• mazenz
    replied
    all of your points are sad but true. we just dont live in that kind of world anymore, sadly.

Originally posted by Cone
    Yeah, cars at least here in the US have to be able to not be flattened by huge SUVs. I don't even want to know what my car would look like if I got hit by an Excursion.

The M3 isn't hard to drive in traffic at all. It's actually the easiest car that I've ever driven.

BMW isn't ever going to make a car like the E30 M3 again. It's not going to make BMW money.

Leave a comment:

• Cone
    replied
    Originally posted by M3Pilot
    I totally agree, but I guess some of it is down to safety regs and the crash tests the car has to pass. But I have heard people moan that the
    E30 M3 is hard to drive in traffic. Who gives a crap

I do feel that it's more about trying to sell cars now days, but BMW car in the market to make money at the end of the day, so from there point of view it's a great move even if the enthusiast doesn't agree.

Yeah, cars at least here in the US have to be able to not be flattened by huge SUVs. I don't even want to know what my car would look like if I got hit by an Excursion.

The M3 isn't hard to drive in traffic at all. It's actually the easiest car that I've ever driven.

BMW isn't ever going to make a car like the E30 M3 again. It's not going to make BMW money.

Leave a comment:

• M3Pilot
    replied
    Originally posted by roops
    I am afraid we are dreaming if we think BMW might actually remake an e30 m3 style car again. The vast majority of customers just wouldn't understand what it was all about. They would be asking for Aircon, and deep pile carpets and "oh it's very noisy, and the suspensions so hard........"

The new golf is a classic case in point. It now weighs twice the original car and requires a 3.2 engine to make it go........

We have all these space age materials to hand and yet cars are still appearing heavier than their predecessors.......

Bloody car engineers/designers need to be taken into a field and soundly thrashed with a piece of carbon fibre...........
    I totally agree, but I guess some of it is down to safety regs and the crash tests the car has to pass. But I have heard people moan that the
    E30 M3 is hard to drive in traffic. Who gives a crap

It you want a nice town car then go buy a bloody Micra:rolleyes:

These car are at there best when being driven hard and most of the people on hear get the whole point of what the car is about.

I think the only real M cars since the E30 M3 are the M3 GTR and CSL which are about motorsport and trying to get back to it's roots of what an M car should be about or an M3 at least IMO.
    I do feel that it's more about trying to sell cars now days, but BMW car in the market to make money at the end of the day, so from there point of view it's a great move even if the enthusiast doesn't agree.

Leave a comment:

• lance
    replied
    I am afraid we are dreaming if we think BMW might actually remake an e30 m3 style car again. The vast majority of customers just wouldn't understand what it was all about. They would be asking for Aircon, and deep pile carpets and "oh it's very noisy, and the suspensions so hard........"

The new golf is a classic case in point. It now weighs twice the original car and requires a 3.2 engine to make it go........

We have all these space age materials to hand and yet cars are still appearing heavier than their predecessors.......

Bloody car engineers/designers need to be taken into a field and soundly thrashed with a piece of carbon fibre...........

Leave a comment:

• Jim Bo
    replied
    Nice to have someone else on here to with a proper gearbox
    Chalk up another "proper" gearbox!

Leave a comment:

• mazenz
    replied
    it would be a dream come true.:sosad:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well the E90 is supposedly going to have some of the E30's qualities - simplicity, lightness etc so - if that turns out to be true - then the M version could have similarities to the E30 M3.

I'll believe it when I see it though!!

Leave a comment:

• DarranP
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul D
    Do you want me to throw in the dead pedal free of charge with those wheels.
    ARSE!!!! :cry:

Leave a comment:

• Paul D
    replied
    Originally posted by DarranP
    But yours has those strange black centred wheels, you wouldn't see me driving around with those nasty looking things on my car I can tell you. Tell you what, I'll give you 50 for them so I can use them as track wheels! :rolling:

Now stop piddling on my parade, I was feeling all special and warm inside for a moment!
    Do you want me to throw in the dead pedal free of charge with those wheels.

Leave a comment:

• DarranP
    replied
    Well we can't have Darran thinking he is special by having something nobody else does, so I thought I'd better join in just to make sure he doesn't have the only Cecotto.

Paul
    Misano red Cecotto
    But yours has those strange black centred wheels, you wouldn't see me driving around with those nasty looking things on my car I can tell you. Tell you what, I'll give you 50 for them so I can use them as track wheels! :rolling:

Now stop piddling on my parade, I was feeling all special and warm inside for a moment!

Leave a comment:

• M3Pilot
    replied
    Well we can't have Darran thinking he is special by having something nobody else does, so I thought I'd better join in just to make sure he doesn't have the only Cecotto.

Paul
    Misano red Cecotto

Damm Cecotto's are taking over the place now!!!!

Hi Paul

Leave a comment:

• Paul D
    replied
    Welcome onboard dude. They are alot of good and knowledgeable people on this site. And think you have probably got the only Cecotto on here:cool:

Nice to have someone else on here to with a proper gearbox

Paul
    Misano red Cecotto

Leave a comment:

• Cone
    replied
    I'd almost be a dream come true...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X